Holly Holm turns down 'huge' movie role to train for Shevchenko

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Holly Holm may have an agent now, but she's not taking every acting role thrown her way.

It looks like Holly Holm is still fully focused on fighting despite a budding acting career. The former UFC women's bantamweight champion was given a headlining spot on the next Fox card, where she takes on Valentina Shevchenko on July 23rd. Apparently she was offered a movie role around that time as well, but had to turn it down due to the fight.

That news comes from everyone's favorite gossip site, TMZ, who stated that the movie was a "blockbuster" in the title of their post and also called it "huge" and "a major studio movie" in the article itself. They don't actually name the movie though.

Holm's manager Lenny Fresquez wouldn't comment on the actual offer to TMZ, but did say that she has…

Holly Holm turns down 'huge' movie role to train for Shevchenko

Last edited:

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
Good for her. It's just a shame she didn't get an auto rematch. I'm sure she'll get another crack at gold after Shevchenko.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I don't buy it. I mean no disrespect, but c'mon..huge movie? I guess that could mean different things to different people but..you know what I'm saying. Fighters don't have a great history transitioning to movies. Couture is probably the most successful...I should just shut up. I don't know how good of an actress Holy is.

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
film connoisseurs worldwide are holding their collective breath in the wake of this news, hoping against all hope that the production of Fight Valley 2 can continue in Holly's absence

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I never get this. You are a moderately famous fighter, does this automatically make you an actor/star?

I am moderately good as at fluid dynamics, does this mean I should open a bakery? Shit makes zero sense.

Get the money, yes, but ffs remember what your day job is. The real bill payer.

Or check out how good dat went for Honda. Couture is an awful awful actor, he only really did it properly after he retired too. Chuck, Couture and Tito were in that kinda big Jet Li film, but they were doing MMA in the movie. That is allowed.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
A long time ago I remember a thread like, "TAKTAROV TO STAR WITH DE NIRO". The forum went bonkers. "Yes!!", "awesome". This thread reminds me of that because a former UFC champion was going to co-star with such a big name. I think Oleg did good playing the weird Russian camera guy. The movie wasn't a big box-office smash(kind of sucked really) but, it was a REAL Hollywood role. The title escapes my recollection...something like "10 seconds" maybe?

Yeah I forgot about Oleg. To go back even further, "Tank is going to be on Freinds!". We used to get excited to see any mma thing in movies or on TV. Now I cringe at the thougt of Rousey being the lead-roll in a Road House re-make. Times have changed.

[EDIT] here's the movie with Oleg-

Last edited:

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
All the above posts are the reasons I truly respect Holly for not taking this role and deciding to hone her craft.
If she keeps winning, there will be more roles when she retires.
Glad she isn't going the way of Gina & Honda.
Though my wife, Gina was in Deadpool.... so there's that..... lol.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
First female lead in Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

I kid. Sorta.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I don't buy it. I mean no disrespect, but c'mon..huge movie? I guess that could mean different things to different people but..you know what I'm saying. Fighters don't have a great history transitioning to movies. Couture is probably the most successful...I should just shut up. I don't know how good of an actress Holy is.
Carano has made the most money in movies and tv her imdb is impressive,female fighters have a Better transition into movies and tv.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
All the above posts are the reasons I truly respect Holly for not taking this role and deciding to hone her craft.
If she keeps winning, there will be more roles when she retires.
Glad she isn't going the way of Gina & Honda.
Though my wife, Gina was in Deadpool.... so there's that..... lol.
Ronda and gina are milionaires I think pvz is going to have a successful career aside from fighting.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Carano has made the most money in movies and tv her imdb is impressive,female fighters have a Better transition into movies and tv.
I was interested in this because I always forget people. I blanked out Gina wtf.. After a quick search, she's been very busy and is more active than Randy in movies. I have absolutely zero complains when I spot her in a movie, at all.:)

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Good for her. It's just a shame she didn't get an auto rematch. I'm sure she'll get another crack at gold after Shevchenko.
I'm curious why you think it's a shame she didn't get a imediate rematch.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015

BJJMMA

Jun 7, 2016
But it was her first title defense. Why does losing your first title defense warrant a rematch? She was ahead in the score cards, yes, but that doesn't matter when you lose the match in the 5th round.
Why does is not? She's still #1 contender.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Stupid move from her because she could have made extra dollars . She is gonna get destroyed by Shev and then end up in Invicta

BJJMMA

Jun 7, 2016
Because the title defense thing is getting ridiculous.
And Nunes has more credibility how? Holm lost one fight. A fight in which she likely would've won had she played more for points in the fifth as opposed to actually being the aggressor.