Holy shit did Nvidia just change the game

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015

View: https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia

Literally just said on their twitch 2 times the performance and 3 times the power efficiency of the Titan at 599msrp.. coming out May 28th(i think he said) the 1070 is 379msrp and stronger than the current Titan and out on june 10th.. holy fuck.

AMD better have something mindblowing to match this.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That's insane! The last two video cards I bought were supposed to get me through Half-Life 3. Too many new AAA video cards and not enough AAA titles to warrant upgrading. Will be curious to see how well the Vive plays with my 980 Ti though. VR is going to need that extra juice.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's insane! The last two video cards I bought were supposed to get me through Half-Life 3. Too many new AAA video cards and not enough AAA titles to warrant upgrading. Will be curious to see how well the Vive plays with my 980 Ti though. VR is going to need that extra juice.
you can easily run the vive with that. i got a r9 390x for it and it is always smooth for all the games and demos ive tried.

Royce Nelson

Iron sharpens something
Dec 31, 2015
Pretty insane. Just in time for me because I wanna make a new pc this summer. Gonna be hard to get one before they go out of stock though.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Pretty insane. Just in time for me because I wanna make a new pc this summer. Gonna be hard to get one before they go out of stock though.
Prob. I want the 1070. Blows the nano out of the water.. and I'm going to build an intel system, will work perfectly for it.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015

View: https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia

Literally just said on their twitch 2 times the performance and 3 times the power efficiency of the Titan at 599msrp.. coming out May 28th(i think he said) the 1070 is 379msrp and stronger than the current Titan and out on june 10th.. holy fuck.

AMD better have something mindblowing to match this.
Anybody who buys an Nvidia card right now is a fool.

Developers will be optimizing for AMD hardware because that's what is in the consoles.

The perfect example of this is the new Forza Apex. Much better performance on AMD cards.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I was wondering when this was getting released. Nvidia powers my PC, but I just don't game on PC hardcore enough to justify the price. I would love to have an upgraded GPU for flight sim though. I have Prepar3d and it stresses the shit out of my GPU with some add-ons. Other than that, it's CSGO or BF4 and neither I bump the settings up on. Hell, I mostly just game on the PS4 now.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
I was wondering when this was getting released. Nvidia powers my PC, but I just don't game on PC hardcore enough to justify the price. I would love to have an upgraded GPU for flight sim though. I have Prepar3d and it stresses the shit out of my GPU with some add-ons. Other than that, it's CSGO or BF4 and neither I bump the settings up on. Hell, I mostly just game on the PS4 now.
379 for what you're getting is pretty fucking solid.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015