Society How do you feel about open borders?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The premise of a thought experiment is elaboration. The burden of addressing variables is on the people who indulge in the experiment. Otherwise why comment at all?
If you're going to award that much latitude it's pretty simple. From an economic standpoint everyone would win huge as China would be entirely eliminated from the global economy.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
If you're going to award that much latitude it's pretty simple. From an economic standpoint everyone would win huge as China would be entirely eliminated from the global economy.
China has more people so they make up more of "everyone," but I agree that an open border scenario would destroy them.

This actually is thought provoking because it would probably mean a mass exodus of Chinese citizens to other parts of the world. I wonder what China's population would look like when all was said and done.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
China has more people so they make up more of "everyone," but I agree that an open border scenario would destroy them.

This actually is thought provoking because it would probably mean a mass exodus of Chinese citizens to other parts of the world. I wonder what China's population would look like when all was said and done.
You aren't allowed to leave China without permission. We've no reason to believe that would change.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
You aren't allowed to leave China without permission. We've no reason to believe that would change.
This isn't really accurate anymore. Some countries have higher visa requirements than others, but China is pretty happy to tell people to gtfo. In an open border scenario, Genghis Khan's DNA would probably be in 2/3 of the world.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
This isn't really accurate anymore. Some countries have higher visa requirements than others, but China is pretty happy to tell people to gtfo. In an open border scenario, Genghis Khan's DNA would probably be in 2/3 of the world.
It seems like a fair assumption that global open borders would require them to lock it down in order to sustain their economy.