Hurricane Patricia, strongest ever recorded, bearing down on Mexico

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jimmy23

Oct 20, 2015
No, it wasn't. The wind, dark, and my 6 year old imagination of what was in that water made it the most terrifying experience of my life. I just remember my uncle holding onto the tree and pinning me next to it so I wouldn't go anywhere. My parents were screaming for us, but we couldn't hear or see anyone until the winds died down and dawn broke. Longest fucking night ever.
sorry that happened man...nature is no joke

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
This could be really bad. It intensified into a cat 5 really quickly, meaning they haven't had time to evacuate properly and there are plenty of dirt poor villages and areas in the path.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/3pwxy7/hurricane_patricia_is_now_measured_to_be_the/cwaakma
Yea, I've been reading about this one. Last I saw, it wasn't that bad, but all of a sudden I see it's a CAT 5. I'm not a praying man, but I'm saying a little something for those families there.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yea, I've been reading about this one. Last I saw, it wasn't that bad, but all of a sudden I see it's a CAT 5. I'm not a praying man, but I'm saying a little something for those families there.
It's above classification now. It becomes CAT 5 at 150mph winds, but the 190-200mph winds would be CAT 6 if there was a CAT 6 according to the original article. That's just crazy. I think a lot of people are going to die.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
not any more..i'm in VA, now....my husband was stationed in pascagoula a while back
wait......are you in south Mississippi ? Because I am too, and that is cool and rare that two folks from the same small area are here on this board

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
It's above classification now. It becomes CAT 5 at 150mph winds, but the 190-200mph winds would be CAT 6 if there was a CAT 6 according to the original article. That's just crazy. I think a lot of people are going to die.
I just read that. When Andrew hit us, it was down to a CAT 3 and that was intense. I couldn't imagine 200+mph sustained winds.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
i think you're right. i wonder if that area has a warning system to get people evacuated who can't get out on their own. like older people..or people who are disabled..

my home town..tampa, fla has that hurricane shit down. they get school buses and start getting the old people out right away. send cops out with their sirens saying...get the fuck out.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
i think you're right. i wonder if that area has a warning system to get people evacuated who can't get out on their own. like older people..or people who are disabled..

my home town..tampa, fla has that hurricane shit down. they get school buses and start getting the old people out right away. send cops out with their sirens saying...get the fuck out.
From what I've read there are some areas just too remote, and with the way it escalated they won't have had time.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
hopefully the rest of the world steps up to send supplies and disaster relief.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
This is the scale for Tornado's but gives an idea of the power of wind at 200mph.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Damn, these periscopes are unreal

Check out the Lee Gonzalez one. He's speaking English and explaining everything.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
from phone calls I have gotten this is causing rain all the way in to Zacatecas MX which is landlocked state 3 hours away in the mountains.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
a storm like this going all the way across the continental bridge
that is a strong ass storm Zacatecas never sees weather like puerto vallarta its like California's inland empire at high altitude compared to the coast cities at sea level.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015

El_Varaco

Apr 15, 2015
Hurricane Patricia makes landfall in Mexico - CNN.com

Patricia's intensity is comparable to Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines in 2013, the World Meteorological Organization tweeted. More than 6,000 people died in Haiyan, due largely to enormous storm surges that rushed through coastal areas. Haiyan had 195 mph sustained windswhen it made landfall, while Typhoon Tip was at 190 mph (and had a slightly lower pressure reading of 870 millibars) in 1979.

Yup.

I live in the Philippines and haiyan was a beast. I was miles away from ground zero but we felt it for sure.

The aftermath was horrifying. It was the zombie apocalypse down there. No electricity, no clean water, roads impassable, convicts on the loose (floods broke down the walls of a prison), people trading whatever they had just to get out. It was terrible and I'm afraid for mexico