"I have some random comment to make about MMA, but it doesn't warrant its own thread"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
I heard in an interview that Fedor broke his hand before the CroCop fight and that is why you see hin for strikes but no submissions on the ground

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm still gutted we missed out on Conor vs RDA. One of the greatest UFC staredowns ever, but that's all we got. RDA has been one of my favourites ever since he consumed Pettis' soul. Would have been either a tremendous fight, or a tremendous Alvarez-type performance from McGregor. Look at the intensity from RDA, ffs, and not an ounce of self-doubt or stage fright showing. He looks like a fucking Terminator.

??
Could have seen RDA break him

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Nicco Montano released from the UFC after missing weight for the 32nd time.

So the UFC now has a former champion whose career record in official bouts with the promotion is 1-1, with her one and only win being a title fight against Roxanne Modafferi. :smile:

But for the rest of her life, she can still call herself a former UFC champion. So fair enough, I'm not hating on her.

Gonna take some effort to get a worse championship resume than that, though.

??

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
one of the fantasy match-ups that I would like to see the most is prime Fedor vs current Ngannou. I think Fedor would survive a near-death experience and submit him.

second behind that is prime vs prime GSP/Khabib. GSP via painful decision.

others obvs Sak vs Frank/Rickson. Cody Garbrandt vs UFC 1. Tom Erikson vs Lesnar.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Gane moving his face about in the weigh-in stare made me fear for him.

when you face your opponent in public, you should not smile or in any way fit in with anything that makes the situation comfortable.

look at me explaining this. but when you see a guy smile, or laugh, look away, whatever. sign of weakness.

the staredown at weigh-ins and pre-fight is your opponent's chance to intimidate you, and in my view it is your obligation to repel any and all attempts. (unless you are some kind of unfeeling introvert murderer)

I'll never forget Leigh's second staredown with the white bear guy. geezer tried to get in Leigh's face and he instantly told him to fuck off and bowled away lolz

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Gane moving his face about in the weigh-in stare made me fear for him.

when you face your opponent in public, you should not smile or in any way fit in with anything that makes the situation comfortable.

look at me explaining this. but when you see a guy smile, or laugh, look away, whatever. sign of weakness.

the staredown at weigh-ins and pre-fight is your opponent's chance to intimidate you, and in my view it is your obligation to repel any and all attempts. (unless you are some kind of unfeeling introvert murderer)

I'll never forget Leigh's second staredown with the white bear guy. geezer tried to get in Leigh's face and he instantly told him to fuck off and bowled away lolz
He didn't seem too uncomfortable when the bell rang.

??

Rambla

Posting Machine
Nov 17, 2015
haha
great photoshop

they are skinny, but not that skinny
I got the same chicken legs, haha! Been playing hockey, skateboarding, hiking, biking, snowboarding, etc, my whole life and these fucking things are getting even skinnier, ffs!

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I got the same chicken legs, haha! Been playing hockey, skateboarding, hiking, biking, snowboarding, etc, my whole life and these fucking things are getting even skinnier, ffs!
I have strong legs and glutes to the point that I sometimes have issues with sports gear where an L easily fits on my upper body, but I can't even get L shorts or pants over my thighs.
It's okay with separate clothing but think wetsuits etc and it sucks.

Two sides to this coin.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
McGregor ruined MMA for me. I used to watch consistently, he came and showed me he was fucking awesome and everyone else was a bum, then he went off the deep end and I stopped watching mma

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Bisping signed a 4 year contract with the UFC for commentary. Good. He's probably the best ex fighter they have on the mic, IMO.

??
I bet they are paying him fucken loads of money too.

Ufc always liked bisping, his paychecks were a crazy break from the mould

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I bet they are paying him fucken loads of money too.

Ufc always liked bisping, his paychecks were a crazy break from the mould
I don't know anything about his money, but he's definitely a guy that they should treat well and look after. He's worked his ass off for them for years and years, everybody knows him and respects what he achieved with his career, he has a massive personality and he is great with the fans.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
For me, Luke Thomas is the best MMA journo/pundit.

I like Ariel too. Don't really get the hate.

You guys? Who do you listen to, or not like?

??

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Yeah, Rose's relationship with her trainer does seem a wee bit weird, but it seems to be working out well for her. Don't be hatin on a perv.