IKEA Kitchen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
One of my favorite things to do when I'm bored is look at pictures and decided if the person who took them knows anything about their subject matter or not. In this case, they most definitely do not.
i'll bite.

how do you know?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have a DeWalt cordless framing nailer, paslode gas powered nailer, paslode stick nailer and hitachi coil nailer bruv.

I win!

ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon stay out of this.
I like the dealt nailer but treat it kindly it's not built as tough as the pneumatic nailers. It's also a bit on the heavy side. I like the truss hook and the thing drives nails really well. No problem in lvl's

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i'll bite.

how do you know?
The safety gear is shiny as if it's never been out of the package prior to that picture being taken, but hey, maybe it was new safety gear day, right? So why don't the glasses fit her face at all? Almost as if they aren't hers, but maybe they just slipped down her face a bit. It could certainly happen. That then begs the question, why in the fuck would you wear ear and eye protection if you're using a hand saw? Well, hey. Maybe she's just very, very safety concious. But if she were that safety concious, why would she be working bare foot in short shorts? Well, sir there's simply no good explanation for any of that. We're also ignoring that she's drinking a bottle of wine in the middle of a job.

p.s. It absolutely annoys the fuck out of me when people stand up cordless tools on their batteries.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
First I've seen. Dont like Milwaukee tools myself. Find them bulky and uncomfortable. Each to their own though. I run bostich, dewalt and Hitachi for the most part.
I don't like the fixed trigger on paslode, too many employees shoot themselves. They also dont drive nails into timberstrand worth a shit, especially in cold temps. Paslodes cordless nailer also requires gas cartridges.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
In my experience they are super durable and feel good in my hand. I've never had one break for some random reason or fail on me. Plus I like the red and black. For a weekend project guy the priority would probably be price. For daily use I'd recommend the Milwaukee over the rest. DeWalt had its popular time in the early 2000s but I think it was more of a fad.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
First I've seen. Dont like Milwaukee tools myself. Find them bulky and uncomfortable. Each to their own though. I run bostich, dewalt and Hitachi for the most part.
I don't like the fixed trigger on paslode, too many employees shoot themselves. They also dont drive nails into timberstrand worth a shit, especially in cold temps. Paslodes cordless nailer also requires gas cartridges.
Bosche is good shit too. I still have a Rigid cordless kit going on 15 years and running strong. I don't use my own tools now which is nice so the Rigid set should be around a while.

M

member 1013

I like the dealt nailer but treat it kindly it's not built as tough as the pneumatic nailers. It's also a bit on the heavy side. I like the truss hook and the thing drives nails really well. No problem in lvl's
I only put clipped head nails in the bitch

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
thinking I might buy the circular saw out of my own money, and tell the Cmdr I need a Festool tracksaw for Xmas.

M

member 1013

Filthy @Filthy For cordless tools, the most common I see on site are DeWalt and Milwaukee. The m18 10 iten set(plus batteries and chargers) is about $500.00 more than the equivalent DeWalt 20V set at Home Depot here in Canada. DeWalt has an awesome line of 60v tools that are worth looking into. I like both brands. Fight
Me La Paix @BirdWatcher

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
thinking I might buy the circular saw out of my own money, and tell the Cmdr I need a Festool tracksaw for Xmas.
Dont get festtool. Complete waste of money, even worse if you need repairs. Never used their track saws but I know their mitre saws are average at best, with a massive price tag.
From what I've been told makita is the preferred track saw and has a lower price tag.

M

member 1013

Dont get festtool. Complete waste of money, even worse if you need repairs. Never used their track saws but I know their mitre saws are average at best, with a massive price tag.
From what I've been told makita is the preferred track saw and has a lower price tag.
Yeeeeessassssas

*cums*

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
That’s too much nailer for you Sally.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Filthy @Filthy For cordless tools, the most common I see on site are DeWalt and Milwaukee. The m18 10 iten set(plus batteries and chargers) is about $500.00 more than the equivalent DeWalt 20V set at Home Depot here in Canada. DeWalt has an awesome line of 60v tools that are worth looking into. I like both brands. Fight
Me La Paix @BirdWatcher
“On site” = Home Hardware

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Makita is on my ebay watch list, but I can't find them on sale. I know a guy who works for Festool, but on the manufacturing equipment side, but he still gets an employee discount.