I'm filled with sadness and rage right now.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
P

Punch

I'm house hunting and I have a daughter. Naturally, i check the Sex Offender Registry for a 5 mile radius (which is pretty fucking small if you ask me but it's the largest option i am given) around each of the homes on which i am doing research. The searches range from 13 registered sex offenders at the lowest end, to too many to accurately visually count (requiring an email of the list sent to me) at the highest.

Any other fathers out there experienced this? Any advice you could give besides the initial impulse to tool the fuck up on some chomos? I'm trying not to allow this to upset me greatly. Thank you in advance.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I feel your pain brother. They're seemingly everywhere, so all you can do is make you daughter very aware of it, school her on what to do if someone strange were to approach her, etc. But most importantly. never let your guard down as a parent and never take anything for granted...even "I'm just going to walk to so & so's house down the street." I'm not saying this should consume your world, cause constant anxiety, etc...but it is something that you and her should discuss, and be aware of. Just make sure you constantly have an eye on her, no matter what the circumstance. My 11 yr old only plays in our fenced back yard and if kids from the neighborhood want her to come over, I drive here there and pick her up in the golf cart. I'm not taking any chances.

P

Punch

I feel your pain brother. They're seemingly everywhere, so all you can do is make you daughter very aware of it, school her on what to do if someone strange were to approach her, etc. But most importantly. never let your guard down as a parent and never take anything for granted...even "I'm just going to walk to so & so's house down the street." I'm not saying this should consume your world, cause constant anxiety, etc...but it is something that you and her should discuss, and be aware of. Just make sure you constantly have an eye on her, no matter what the circumstance. My 11 yr old only plays in our fenced back yard and if kids from the neighborhood want her to come over, I drive here there and pick her up in the golf cart. I'm not taking any chances.
Well, i guess the hyper vigilance will come in handy then. Thanks homie.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
We're pretty lucky over here in so much as kids still get to have the type of childhood I got.

Play out all day - make sure you're home by dusk kind of thing.

It'd be different if I had a daughter I think.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Also, buy a gun.

P

Punch

We're pretty lucky over here in so much as kids still get to have the type of childhood I got.

Play out all day - make sure you're home by dusk kind of thing.

It'd be different if I had a daughter I think.
Yeah on the level man i'm trying pretty hard not to shake with rage from the adrenaline dump from the mere thought of someone hurting my little girl. I won't type the specifics but i'm having some horridly dark notions of how far i would be willing to go. I don't like this, and it's making me sick to my stomach.

It doesn't have to be a girl either. Some of these sick fucks are on there for molesting boys too.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah on the level man i'm trying pretty hard not to shake with rage from the adrenaline dump from the mere thought of someone hurting my little girl. I won't type the specifics but i'm having some horridly dark notions of how far i would be willing to go. I don't like this, and it's making me sick to my stomach.

It doesn't have to be a girl either. Some of these sick fucks are on there for molesting boys too.
I agree that it doesn't have to be a girl, but if I had a daughter I'd definitely be warier about her playing out by herself than I am with my boy.

P

Punch

So what i'm understanding from the feedback is don't allow it to affect my family's lives other than i need to have my head on a swivel at all times, regardless of where i go.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I feel your pain. It doesn't help, but at least you can have some idea where they are versus the UK where they protect these fuc-ing animals. The authorities don't allow any idea on where they are as that would "endanger" the fuc-ing loser's life.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I have a couple of opinions on this.

1) The sex offender register has become a joke. Urinating by the side of the road can get you put on. All that does is reduce the credibility and make it more difficult to filter the real threats. I want to know who is a danger to my kids, not the girl who had a naked a pic of herself on her phone when she was 17.

2) The neighbourhoods are no more dangerous than before, you're just more aware of it due to the information available. 30 years ago, the same type of people lived there.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have a couple of opinions on this.

1) The sex offender register has become a joke. Urinating by the side of the road can get you put on. All that does is reduce the credibility and make it more difficult to filter the real threats. I want to know who is a danger to my kids, not the girl who had a naked a pic of herself on her phone when she was 17.

2) The neighbourhoods are no more dangerous than before, you're just more aware of it due to the information available. 30 years ago, the same type of people lived there.
I disagree with your first point, because at least in Texas you can see the charges.

P

Punch

Yes, if you mouse over the bullet points that appear on the map it gives you name, address, picture, and what they were convicted of.

P

Punch

Yeah i'm not talking about the wrongly convicted or guys who just really had to take a piss here.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Yeah i'm not talking about the wrongly convicted or guys who just really had to take a piss here.
I bought a house around the corner from an elementary school- random coincidence and signed up for the registry report. Wow! They were clustered and surrounded by sex offenders, a good many of them female. I think I stumbled on pedo rehab blvd. just too many to write off as a coincidence. Too concentrated.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I bought a house around the corner from an elementary school- random coincidence and signed up for the registry report. Wow! They were clustered and surrounded by sex offenders, a good many of them female. I think I stumbled on pedo rehab blvd. just too many to write off as a coincidence. Too concentrated.
No shit??? I didnt think they were allowed within a certain radius of schools? Am I wrong??

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Varies state to state. This was in Missouri so if we have that law it is def not enforced. At all.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Found this:
States With Sex Offender Residency Restriction Laws

State

Statutory Citations

Restriction

Alabama

§ 15-20-26(a)

A sex offender may not live or work within 2,000 feet of schools or childcare facilities.

Arkansas

§ 5-14-128 (a)

A level 3 or 4 (most serious) sex offender cannot live within 2,000 feet of schools or daycare centers.

California

W&I Code § 6608.5 (f) (2005) Penal Code § 3003 (g) (1) (3)

A sexually violent predator or a serious paroled sex offender cannot live within one-fourth of a mile of a school, and high-risk paroled sex offenders cannot live within one-half mile of a school, daycare center, or place where children congregate.

Florida

§ 947. 1405 (7)(a)(2)

A sex offender whose victim was under 18 years old cannot live within 1,000 feet of schools or places where children congregate.

Georgia

§§ 42-1-13 and 42-1-15

No sex offender may live, work, or loiter within 1,000 feet of any school, childcare facility, school bus stop, or place where minors congregate.

Illinois

§ 5/11-9.3 (b-5)

A child sex offender may not live within 500 feet of a school or school property.

Indiana

§ 11-13-3-4 (g) (2) (A)

A violent sex offender cannot live within 1,000 feet of any school property while on parole.

Iowa

§ 692 (A)(2A)

A sexual offender may not live within 2,000 feet of a school or childcare facility.

Kentucky

§ 17.495

A sex offender may not live within 1,000 feet of a school, childcare facility, ball field, or playground.

Louisiana

§§ 14:91.1 and 15.538

A sexually violent predator and serious paroled sex offender may not live within 1,000 feet of schools or related school activities, including school bus stops for life or duration of parole or probation.

Michigan

§§ 28.721 to 28.732

A sex offender cannot live within 1,000 feet of school safety zone.

Minnesota

MSA Chap. 244.052 et al.

The parole commissioner determines if a level III sex offender may live within 1,500 feet of school zones.

Missouri

§ 589.417

A sex offender may not live within 1,000 feet of a school or childcare facility.

Ohio

§ 2950.031(A)

A sex offender cannot live within 1,000 feet of any school, childcare facility, or place where children gather.

Oklahoma

OSA Tit. 57 § 590

A registered sex offender cannot live within 2,000 feet of a school.

Table 1: –Continued-

States With Sex Offender Residency Restriction Laws

State

Statutory Citations

Restriction

Oregon

§§ 144.642 (1)(a) and 144.644(2)(a)

The Department of Correction decides where and how close a sex offender can live to a school or daycare center based on a decision matrix.

South Dakota

§ 22-24B

A sex offender cannot live or loiter within 500 feet of community safety zones.

Tennessee

§ 40-39-[2]11(a)-(b)

A sex offender cannot live within 1,000 feet of schools, childcare facilities, or the victim.

Texas

Texas Govt. Code Chap. 508.187 (b)

The state parole board decides how close to a child safety zone a paroled sex offender can live or visit.

Washington

§§ 9.94A.712(6)(a)(ii) and 9.95.425-430

A sex offender convicted of a serious offense with a high-risk assessment (Level II or III) cannot live within a community protection zone (within 880 feet of any school or daycare center)

West Virginia

§ 62-12-26 (b) (1)

A paroled sex offender cannot live within 1,000 feet of a school or childcare facility.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
So in my state as long as you stole innocence before 2008 or lived there first it's all fine and dandy.
Tbh I worry about the predators that aren't registered. Those creepy fathers, uncles, Mom's bf etc.
A child usually knows the evil fuck.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So in my state as long as you stole innocence before 2008 or lived there first it's all fine and dandy.
Tbh I worry about the predators that aren't registered. Those creepy fathers, uncles, Mom's bf etc.
A child usually knows the evil fuck.
Very true. Scary shit for parents...constantly have to be aware of your surroundings.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Very true. Scary shit for parents...constantly have to be aware of your surroundings.
I'm starting to reconsider if I'm gonna get knocked up. My baby wouldn't have any family really and then the whole shitting it out my little poon. Idk. Need to reevaluate.