Is this the least disappointing cancelled main event in MMA history?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I ask this with all respect due to MM and Borg, but I think it's universally agreed on that Borg (at least at this juncture) is a very underwhelming challenger for a guy who is considered one of the best p4p in the sport.

So three part question...

1) On a scale of 1 to 10, how disappointed are you?

2) Can you remember a main event that was less disappointing?

3) How many fights on UFC 215 are you looking forward to more than MM/Borg?

For me...

1) 2/10

2) No I can't.

3) Honestly the only fights I was looking forward to less than DJ/Borg were the first 3 fights of the card (the Fight Pass prelims).

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Personally I think they should put the 125lb division on hiatus until they can get more talent in there. In the meantime Mighty Duck can go up to 135 and fight real fighters. Then when they have a decent challenger they can let MM try to break the record.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Personally I was more disappointed when I went to Subway yesterday and they told me they were out of pickles.

ender852

TMMAC Addict
Jan 31, 2015
Yes. TJ was the only MM fight I was interested in seeing. He beat Dodson and benevidaz twice, what's left? Rematch with cejudo after a lopsided destruction?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
That is because you are a sociopath
That is what two separate personality tests have recently told me......and it pisses me off when they go and ask me "care to tell us why you scored a 1 (with one being low and dangerously low) on social interaction?"

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
1) On a scale of 1 to 10, how disappointed are you? 0. This has no effect on me or my viewing experience whatsoever.

2) Can you remember a main event that was less disappointing? Swanson vs Lobov. I like Cub but guys batting .500 shouldn't be in the main event. Might be more but this one came to mind first.

3) How many fights on UFC 215 are you looking forward to more than MM/Borg? Basically all of them. Magny vs RDA, Stephens vs Giblert, Sarah Moras vs AES due to Sarah training at Toshidos and Clark vs White are the ones I'll be sure to watch, MM is never must see tv for me.

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
I think I might be the only DJ fan. Maybe its because I'm a hobbit as well. Gutted for him. He must be piiiiiiiiiissed off.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Just one of the watered down cards I will be skipping. Nothing to feel bad or good about, just a logical decision.

M

member 3289

1. 3/10

2. When Nunes-Shevchenko 2 was canceled the first time at UFC 213, I remember not being disappointed at all because Whittaker-Romero was the real main event for me anyway.

3. Probably only the chick fight. The other fights don't interest me very much. Most are predictable or boring tbh.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I wanted to see DJ get that record so I'm pretty bummed out, but Nunes/Schevchenko makes Dana renege on his whole "never main event again" BS so that makes me happy. It should also be a good fight.

I think Borg would've give DJ a little trouble standing, but not enough to win. He'd be a good tune up for an eventual fight with TJ if DJ goes that route.