JOKER

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
went in with sky-high expectations, didn't leave disappointed.

I appreciate the realistic, darker tone & character development. they could re-boot Batman in it's image & I would be OK with that.

FWIW, was never a huge fan of the Marvel movies EU.
It was completely tragic that he was such a product of his own environment. I'm not a comic fan so I liked that it wasn't based around that and was a movie in its own right.

I don't hate Marvel/DC but the market has been so over saturated in the last few years.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Give that man an Oscar.
Disturbing, dark character study, as I'd hoped.
I loved the direction, very well done.
I hope they keep going with this despite statements contrary.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
A question for those that have seen the movie, Were all of the violence warnings justified for this movie or were they BS?

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
A question for those that have seen the movie, Were all of the violence warnings justified for this movie or were they BS?
I don't think so (BS IMO).

there was one scene that comes to mind when thinking "graphic", but even that wasn't any worse than something you'd normally see in a Scorsese film. one could argue Goodfellas was worse.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018

there was one scene that comes to mind when thinking "graphic", but even that wasn't any worse than something you'd normally see in a Scorsese film. one could argue Goodfellas was worse.
typical attempt to put asses in seats

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
give me a character study of the Riddler next. keep the realism & dark tone, nothing too campy.

make it in the mold of Joker. something simple like the Zodiac or BTK playing with the Gotham PD.

Last edited:

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

Yeah, this. I went in expecting it to be off the charts disturbing and while it was far from hugs and puppies it wasn't THAT bad.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
give me a character study of the Riddler next. keep the realism & dark tone, nothing too campy.

make it in the mold of Joker. something simple like the Zodiac or BTK playing with the Gotham PD.

See?
Fans know better that pedowood.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I saw it last night with no pre-spoilers.
It was surprising.
It was good.
I was surprised at how much 'Batman' was interwoven, but not disappointed.
I almost shit myself when for a moment, it looked like they were literally going to make them brothers.
Kind of poetic in a way.

It would be nice if they followed the formula and created a DC "Jokerverse", but not gonna happen.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I saw it last night with no pre-spoilers.
It was surprising.
It was good.
I was surprised at how much 'Batman' was interwoven, but not disappointed.
It would be nice if they followed the formula and created a DC "Jokerverse", but not gonna happen.
The only thing that pissed me off (only slightly because it was necessary) was the Bruce Wayne part...it made it comic like rather than a standalone movie which I wanted and it deserved to be. It didn't take up too much of the film, just a minor niggle.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The fridge scene? He was supposed to just open the fridge because he couldn't sleep. Him tearing it apart and getting in it was all Joachin Phoenix improvising.

Inflames

Forum veteran
Oct 30, 2019
I think Jared Leto's Joker is salvageable with a better script and direction. It seems like Leto just isn't a good improviser and needs a solid structure/sandbox to play in. Hopefully whoever takes over for Ben Affleck can provide that for him. They could write Joker as changing his look/style in a "this town deserves a better class of criminal" style speech and wanting to get "back to basics."

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How ‘Joker’ Is First R-Rated Film Topping Huge $1 Billion Box Office

After grossing $37 million internationally and $14 million domestically at the weekend box office, Warner Bros.’ super-villain origin tale Joker has amassed an impressive $934 million in global theatrical receipts. So it is now inevitable – Joker will become the first R-rated film topping the huge $1 billion mark at the box office.

It’s especially impressive that Joker will manage the $1 billion feat without a release in China, making it the first first-release film since 2008’s The Dark Knight to do so.

The total weekly tally for Joker over the past seven days – meaning the above weekend figures plus the preceding weekday data – tops $70+ million. Joker would have to drop 50% every week starting immediately, to fall below $1 billion. And since it dropped a remarkably low 24% in foreign markets and only 28% in North America this past weekend, there’s no serious chance of Joker suddenly suffering 50+% declines all of a sudden.