Jon Jones having a Twitter night

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
"hands were all swollen. My legs hurt, my knees"

of course they hurt! He beat Bus so bad that his limbs were aching. Landed like 50 head kicks in the 5th round.

"idiots like "Wiz" pretend he didn't duck Alex Gus"

When I did I ever say anything about this? All I said was that Gus took a whooping in that fight. Has he ever looked the same after that? No. On the other hand, Jones looks fresh as a daisy, outwrestling cormier, dominating glover, etc. And last time i checked he signed to fight gus in a rematch.

LOL how did he look vs OSP?
Im not mad Im realistic and unbiased...+800 odds is the reason JJ won that fight.
Gus got jobbed.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Wait...He doesn't talk shit to DC every time he sees him?
I'm sure he does. It's clear neither like eachother.

I'm talking bout the "greater than thou" shit , calling himself daddy, etc.

If ur sitting at home tweeting stuff like that ur acting childish... Just my opinion.

I can't see myself saying stuff like that on my social media cause I believe it would make me look bad. Shows your character somewhat and its permanently on the Internet for my family friends potential employers etc to see

P

Punch

If ur sitting at home tweeting stuff like that ur acting childish... Just my opinion.

I can't see myself saying stuff like that on my social media cause I believe it would make me look bad. Shows your character somewhat and its permanently on the Internet for my family friends potential employers etc to see
I agree.

If not for promoting TMMAC, i wouldn't even have a twitter account.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016

I agree on a personal front...but this is different. He is in the business of promoting fights. And like it or not, talking shit on social media is one of the most used methods these days.

P

Punch

I agree on a personal front...but this is different. He is in the business of promoting fights. And like it or not, talking shit on social media is one of the most used methods these days.
That is a good point as well. For promoting a fight, i can definitely see the benefit.

M

member 3289

Gus got his ass whooped more than Jones did. The only dude who was about to be finished in that fight was Gus. Gus was never the same after that fight. As for Jones, he continued to dominate.
Jones was probably a little worse off after that fight than Gus was. Tbh I think Dana told Gustafsson to go to the hospital only because it would look bad if the loser showed up to the press conference while the winner and champ was in the hospital.

FTR I scored the fight 48-47 for Gus, but the judges' decision was no robbery. Scores of 48-47 or even 49-46 for Jones are not unreasonable at all; the only round Gustafsson clearly won was the 1st while Jones clearly won the 4th and 5th.

Gus has been pretty damn good lately. He had a bad loss to Anthony Johnson but that kind of thing can happen to anyone who makes one small mistake against AJ (like Gus did).

Gus without a doubt presents the biggest challenge for Jones even now, but I definitely don't think Jon trained as hard as he could for the first fight. If Jon takes their second fight seriously (whenever it happens), and I have no reason to think he won't, he'll win in convincing fashion.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
It'd be nice to see someone in his position (tremendous physical gifts + prodigious God given talent) make full use of it.
he already did. he's the most dominant fighter of all time and the greatest champion ever in his weightclass.

even if he comes back worse than he was then the legend will only grow. "Pre Hit and Run Jones" will become the undisputed goat.

I used to hate him but later on I just had to embrace the motherfucker. it actually is so fitting that the greatest fighter ever is such an asshole. he really wants to beat up and hurt people. when it is fight time and he gets to do that for money it's actually when he thrives.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Gus got his ass whooped more than Jones did. The only dude who was about to be finished in that fight was Gus. Gus was never the same after that fight. As for Jones, he continued to dominate.
Is that so? Man you need a bigger TV

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
LOL how did he look vs OSP?
Im not mad Im realistic and unbiased...+800 odds is the reason JJ won that fight.
Gus got jobbed.
He looked like he came off a year of dealing with all sorts of shit outside the cage.

Meanwhile Gus loses to the guy Jones easily beat, gets KOed, and wins a lackluster decision against a guy with no name that he was a huge favorite over.

Gus did not get robbed against Jones, he was out on his feet in the 4th round and the 5th round he took a 100 head kicks to the dome and a wicked flying knee. Gus did good boxing against Jones in the first three rounds, but he did NOT win all three. I watched several times back then and remember seeing Jones taking one of those rounds, probably round 2. Finally did you see Gus RIGHT after the fight? He was DONE. Credit to him for giving Jones a hard fight, but he could barely speak in the post fight interview. His brain did not thank him for that fight.

Last edited:

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Jones was probably a little worse off after that fight than Gus was. Tbh I think Dana told Gustafsson to go to the hospital only because it would look bad if the loser showed up to the press conference while the winner and champ was in the hospital.

FTR I scored the fight 48-47 for Gus, but the judges' decision was no robbery. Scores of 48-47 or even 49-46 for Jones are not unreasonable at all; the only round Gustafsson clearly won was the 1st while Jones clearly won the 4th and 5th.

Gus has been pretty damn good lately. He had a bad loss to Anthony Johnson but that kind of thing can happen to anyone who makes one small mistake against AJ (like Gus did).

Gus without a doubt presents the biggest challenge for Jones even now, but I definitely don't think Jon trained as hard as he could for the first fight. If Jon takes their second fight seriously (whenever it happens), and I have no reason to think he won't, he'll win in convincing fashion.
I can agree with pretty much everything you said. As for Jones he may have looked bad in going to the hospital, but that fight did not do any favors for Gus' brain. Gus had nothing left during and after the fifth round, so I had no problem with Jones getting the nod in the end,

Last edited: