Jose Aldo is a BEAST.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Lol good. I am glad you were bruised! Vitor was cheated. Never forget that!

Conor is certainly not my boy. I do hope he wins though. I think it's better for mma.
Thanks for your best wishes, LOL.........why is it better for mma?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
conor got tagged a bit against siver, in the first round. he can't do that with aldo, or the smaller hands may put him out. he also has to worry about leg kicks, and his stance may see him getting eaten alive. i think chad mendes is more dangerous than conor.
His stance being southpaw is probably one of the most advantageous factors against Aldo. Aldo broke his foot in the first round against another lanky southpaw, TKZ. Didn't even have to check the kick, Aldo just missed and landed on the inside of the knee, and after that stopped kicking almost completely.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
As opposed to arm kicks to the head? :p
IMO, different story (not a fighter, so please bear with me) but it seems like a kick can from standing to a downed opponent can generate a shi- load more power than a punch or elbow particularly if you can plant and kick an extra point. Heavier limb and torque.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
His stance being southpaw is probably one of the most advantageous factors against Aldo. Aldo broke his foot in the first round against another lanky southpaw, TKZ. Didn't even have to check the kick, Aldo just missed and landed on the inside of the knee, and after that stopped kicking almost completely.
i wouldn't bet the house on him doing that twice. it's happened once in his career.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
IMO, different story (not a fighter, so please bear with me) but it seems like a kick can from standing to a downed opponent can generate a shi- load more power than a punch or elbow particularly if you can plant and kick an extra point. Heavier limb and torque.
Leg kick to the head is redundant. By saying, 'kick', you are referring to the leg already.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Leg kick to the head is redundant. By saying, 'kick', you are referring to the leg already.
FFS, LOL, this reminds me of work when I'm going back over all of the previous comments trying to figure out if I misinterpreted something..............I'm too tired right now, I've already completed work.....defeated.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
conor got tagged a bit against siver, in the first round. he can't do that with aldo, or the smaller hands may put him out. he also has to worry about leg kicks, and his stance may see him getting eaten alive. i think chad mendes is more dangerous than conor.
I am with you about worrying about the leg kicks. I am excited to see Aldo's strategy for this fight. I'm not sure how accurate these are, but I was looking at Aldo's significant leg strikes attempted in his last 4 fights.

Mendes - 7 (5 rounds)
Lamas - 22 (5 rounds)
Korean Zombie - 2 (4 rounds)
Edgar - 10 (5 rounds)

Will he attempt more because of Conor's stance?

We shall see.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Hell yeah. I would love to see him just embarrass conor in the worst way possible. Total destruction, on the feet, then the ground and the finish. That will be the next PPV i buy no other ones.
Wonder what Conors excuse will be...I like the guy he's entertaining but he better bring it or he's going lik foolish..If he wins he will be the Richest fighter within a year..

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
If he wins he will be the Richest fighter within a year..
I think there is a possibility of this happening, but he is going to be tested against some good wrestler's (balls on forehead or not) sooner rather than later................they can't keep avoiding these guy's if he wins and it won't be long before he has to deal with it, can he deal with it is the question.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for your best wishes, LOL.........why is it better for mma?
There's a reason UFC 189 will be the highest gate in U.S history and will most likely have the highest ppv buyrate this year. People may not like his antics, but it is undeniable that he compels people to tune in.

The McGregor circus has mainstream appeal.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Wonder what Conors excuse will be...I like the guy he's entertaining but he better bring it or he's going lik foolish..If he wins he will be the Richest fighter within a year..
His excuse will be that the fear of facing Frankie Edgar and his giant New Jersey sausage penis was just too much to handle so he lost on purpose.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I think there is a possibility of this happening, but he is going to be tested against some good wrestler's (balls on forehead or not) sooner rather than later................they can't keep avoiding these guy's if he wins and it won't be long before he has to deal with it, can he deal with it is the question.
regardless of what happens, i think he gets mendes or edgar next. mendes looked fucking scary last time, and edgar can outpace, and smoother anyone. if he wants to stay in the top 4 or 5, he has killers in his face.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
FFS, LOL, this reminds me of work when I'm going back over all of the previous comments trying to figure out if I misinterpreted something..............I'm too tired right now, I've already completed work.....defeated.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
His excuse will be he had to take me down he won't stand wth me, and if Jose beats him on the feet he will be like no man uses leg kicks lol.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
one of these days I caught his fight against Lamas on TV and even that one that is considered a lackluster title defense was in fact a very good performance. "oh but Mendes KO him in R1" well matchups make fights and Mendes is a beast indeed. and well Aldo completely shut down Lamas on the feet it was like sparring with a less experienced gym mate. checking kicks on autopilot.

on R3 Lamas started going for takedowns and Aldo just said no - best TDD defense in mma. and when it did hit the ground Aldo easily mounted and almost submitted Lamas early in R5. only in the last minutes did he end up on the bottom almost looking like he wanted a thrill there. it's like a myth but his submission game has got to be awesome if he needs it. Nova Uniao guys slap kata gatames at breakfast. it would be so funny if he took conor down and submitted him.