Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1715044359200.png

If Jose Aldo cuts the line to a UFC title shot, the odds won’t be in his favor.

Aldo opened as a sizable betting underdog to UFC bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley for a potential matchup in odds released Monday by internet bookmaker BetOnline. The former two-time featherweight champion is listed as a +210 underdog, meaning a $100 bet on Aldo would return $210 if he pulled off the upset, while O’Malley sits as a -250 favorite.

Aldo, 37, returned from a near two-year MMA retirement this past Saturday with a vintage win over Jonathan Martinez in UFC 301’s co-main event, earning a sweep on the scorecards for a unanimous decision in his native Brazil. Aldo is now an MMA free agent but expressed a desire to challenge O’Malley for the bantamweight title if he re-signs with the UFC.

Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight - MMA Fighting

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Worried about Aldo being hurt in this one but ridin' with him til the wheels fall off...

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I hope Aldo doesnt get this fight. I have a feeling it wouldn't go well.
Really bad match-up for Aldo imo
The UFC will do whatever they can to get this fight to bolster the rainbow's resume. Aldo needs to get that boxing money while it's there. Even if decimated in boxing, the payday will be better and he won't be hurting his MMA legacy.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The UFC will do whatever they can to get this fight to bolster the rainbow's resume.
I have heard the dislike for O'Malley, he's grown on me personally, because he kicks ass and doesn't "McGregor" up the place with off the wall antics.
Who would you like to see kick his ass?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I have heard the dislike for O'Malley, he's grown on me personally, because he kicks ass and doesn't "McGregor" up the place with off the wall antics.
Who would you like to see kick his ass?
I'd like to see everyone kick his ass. Him stating he's always wanted to be famous, and his antics with the douchebag hair and outfits just to be talked about all bother me. If he stayed away from that, just fought, and collected gravestones, I'd have all the respect for him in the world, but he's doing the opposite, other than his job which is winning fights. Fighters' fighters never needed that shit.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd like to see everyone kick his ass. Him stating he's always wanted to be famous, and his antics with the douchebag hair and outfits just to be talked about all bother me. If he stayed away from that, just fought, and collected gravestones, I'd have all the respect for him in the world, but he's doing the opposite, other than his job which is winning fights. Fighters' fighters never needed that shit.
I'm afraid you just don't understand Missoula.
They're eat tainted meat and get hometown decisions to guys with 3-consonant initials that they CLEARLY FUCKING LOST!

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Aldo is with 99% certainty going to get his arse kicked. But I say give him the shot, he deserves it, with all he has given the UFC and MMA! And hell it will almost certainly be a fun fight to watch! Zuffa make it happen!!!