Leon Edwards dismisses ‘nuisance’ Belal Muhammad ahead of UFC 304: ‘He’s too easy to hit’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1716250096262.png

Leon Edwards is ready to get past Belal Muhammad and onto the rest of his welterweight title reign.

Edwards defends his title against Muhammad in the main event of UFC 304 on July 27 at the Co-op Live arena in Manchester. The fight is a long time in the making, with Muhammad relentlessly attacking Edwards through the media, calling for his title shot. Now that’s it’s finally here, Edwards is just as excited, because he can finally move on to other business.

“One hundred percent, the guy has been a nuisance on social media for the longest,” Edwards said Monday on The MMA Hour when asked about his excitement for UFC 304. “So 100 percent. I’ve been trying to fight Belal now for a while. I got asked for [UFC] 300, I said yes to everyone. Three opponents, said yes. I even said, ‘What about Belal?’ And they were like, ‘No. [Laughs.]’ It wasn’t an option.

“I was like, I’ll fight whoever, because I know the card is such a huge card. It would have been great for my career. So I would fight whoever there is. And after [Islam Makhachev, Shavkat Rakhmonov, and Khamzat Chimaev] said no, I was like, ‘What about Belal?’ They didn’t entertain it. So it is what it is.”

Leon Edwards dismisses ‘nuisance’ Belal Muhammad ahead of UFC 304: ‘He’s too easy to hit’ - MMA Fighting

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i dont think there could be a title fight i could care less about right now

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
At least edwards says he’d fight anyone. Unfortunately they now have this fight, but you can’t blame Edwards