General Liam Neeson support thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What if Liam told a story about trying to lure kids into a van so he could rape them but he didn't actually go through with it and was now ashamed that he ever wanted to rape kids? Would your first reaction be 'what a brave guy Liam is for admitting that?' I'm guessing no.

The story is not someone admitting that they used to hold prejudiced views. The story is a guy admitting to being such an extreme racist at one point that he was willing to murder a person based on the color of their skin. It's incredibly fucked up and deserves to be treated as fucked up. Why rush to immediately forgive him and play off like he was admitting to nothing serious? Forgiveness comes after condemnation, not instead of it.

And for fuck's sake, he even used the term 'black bastard' when telling the story - even if you're describing your thoughts at the time how do you think it's ok to use that language on TV if you're not a complete spastic?

There's probably a reason your first reaction to this story is to immediately defend the guy. It's the same reason you have strong anti-immigration views. It's the same reason you're a Trump supporter. It's the same reason you thought that Confederate statues aren't racist. You think you aren't prejudiced, but you end up on the same side as racists all of the time. Maybe there is something to learn from Neeson's self-reflection.
Cliffs?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Please describe the appropriate significant condemnation. Maybe I agree with whatever it is you think should be a response. You haven't really described what should be done, just that I'm not supposed to say I understand his words first.
You’re condemned.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Please describe the appropriate significant condemnation. Maybe I agree with whatever it is you think should be a response. You haven't really described what should be done, just that I'm not supposed to say I understand his words first.
As I said, the first reaction should be 'holy fuck, that dude was a racist psychopath', like a lot of people are having. Not the reaction that a lot of other people which is to think that what he said isn't a big deal and then condemning normal people for having a normal reaction.

Recognizing that random hate crime murders are wrong is kind of, you know, expected, and not something people should get credit for acknowledging are wrong.

As for what should be done to Neeson? Nothing. He's punished himself enough with his own retardation.

blood fist

Feb 20, 2019
Liam may indeed need some "extra support". According to Howard Stern he is hung like an elephant. (I don't know how Howard knows this).

He may need a special 'extra" support jockstrap.