VID Liddell: Dana White thought Jon Jones and I were going to fight in stands

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Good interview, great to see those two back together. Also Jones seems to be sensitive.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Chuck is coherent now!!!!!

Amazing what a few years of not getting KOd does for you...

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He has been on a jbj kick lately..Chuck couldn't handle Rampage so he should simmer down cuz he would get battered.

M

member 3289

He has been on a jbj kick lately..Chuck couldn't handle Rampage so he should simmer down cuz he would get battered.
The funny thing is he genuinely thinks he could have beaten Jones in his prime.

I'm all for competitiveness, but let's be realistic - coked up Jones mauls any version of Chuck.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
The funny thing is he genuinely thinks he could have beaten Jones in his prime.

I'm all for competitiveness, but let's be realistic - coked up Jones mauls any version of Chuck.
coked up jbj vs Coked up chuck would make Griselda Blanco proud..you're right it would be UGLY

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm surprised Jones didn't throw some hadouken sucker punch at him.

M

member 3289

I'm surprised Jones didn't throw some hadouken sucker punch at him.
Why would he do that? He would never need a sucker punch to beat a 47-year-old retired fighter with a shot chin.

I know you don't like Jones but come on. He murders any version of the Ice Man.

SickEye

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Why would he do that? He would never need a sucker punch to beat a 47-year-old retired fighter with a shot chin.

I know you don't like Jones but come on. He murders any version of the Ice Man.
he didn't need to sucker punch DC at the end of their fight either, but that didn't stop him!

M

member 3289

he didn't need to sucker punch DC at the end of their fight either, but that didn't stop him!
Sucker punch my ass.

"Protect yourself at all times."

Keep your fucking hands up until the bell sounds.

SickEye

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Sucker punch my ass.

"Protect yourself at all times."

Keep your fucking hands up until the bell sounds.
It was a sucker punch bro...he set it up and executed. Yes, DC should have been on guard (especially fighting a snake like Jones) but it was still a sucker punch.

M

member 3289

It was a sucker punch bro...he set it up and executed. Yes, DC should have been on guard (especially fighting a snake like Jones) but it was still a sucker punch.
It wasn't.

View: https://youtu.be/QdRLvldfg7I#t=33m25s

Jones threw his hands up in early celebration (like he has in other fights) and Daniel mistakenly let go of Jon's leg and dropped his hands. Jon capitalized because the fight wasn't over. That's not a sucker punch.

Did you think FMJ sucker punched Arturo Gatti too?

Edit - timestamped video

SickEye

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yes, he threw up his hands in early celebration, kept a close eye on DC, and as soon as DC let his guard down he punched him! If that's not a sucker punch, I don't know what is.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Prime chuck would have a better shot at beating JBJ than any current fighter besides Gus. Chuck could put anyone to sleep. No, he wouldn't out wrestle Jones, but Jones wouldn't keep him down either. Pillow fist Jones would not hurt Chuck. In a 25 minute fight Chuck would have a shot at catching jones and turning out the lights. If Chuck didn't catch him Jones would stay on the outside and eye poke his way to a decision. This old chinless version of Chuck should not entertain a comeback fight--- against anyone other than maybe Shamrock.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
People throw Rampage in Chucks face all the time. Rampage could have been the goat if he'd had been focused. He has the knockout power that jones doesn't.

I believe Chuck would walk through Bones just as easy as he did Vernon or Babalu. Just a bad style matchup for Bones.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Chuck's version sounds about right. He makes a good point. What is any champion (current or not) going to say to "What about you vs. Fighter X in your prime?"---of course he's going to say he'll win.

Jones simpering around in the background calling Chuck to see if they're cool is just weird, but that's par for course. I take Chuck's version at face value.

Too bad he's out of his prime though. Chuck would have real chances, though I'd still make him the underdog.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
It wasn't.

View: https://youtu.be/QdRLvldfg7I#t=33m25s

Jones threw his hands up in early celebration (like he has in other fights) and Daniel mistakenly let go of Jon's leg and dropped his hands. Jon capitalized because the fight wasn't over. That's not a sucker punch.

Did you think FMJ sucker punched Arturo Gatti too?

Edit - timestamped video
Correct. Why is this even an argument. That was a prime Silva tactic right there... no different than dropping hands and hanging out by the fine and punching opponent when he isn't expecting it. Not A Sucker Punch. Round wasn't over.

And yes Jones beats any version of Chuck.

Tom O'Bedlam

Resident loon.
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yes, he threw up his hands in early celebration, kept a close eye on DC, and as soon as DC let his guard down he punched him! If that's not a sucker punch, I don't know what is.
Was the fight over?

If the fight was on, there was no instruction from the ref to stop fighting, and there was no foul, I don't see how it's a suckered punch.

Cormier knows it's a fight, right? and that he has to protect himself until instructed otherwise?

So...

SickEye

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree with you guys...I thought it was a cheap shot despite the fight not being over. Along the lines of the 'fake glove touches' that are universally hated.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
I mean... The bell hadn't rung yet. I want to be really mean, but instead I'll just say you need to check your bias bro. They are in a freeking fight. There is still time on the clock. Legal blow... Dumb.

StretchPlum

Feb 21, 2015
The distinctive attribute of Jones is his reach. Without a disparity between inches of height and inches of reach that is almost unheard of in humans, he would be a very good fighter, but not GOAT material.

FryedTakayama

Posting Machine
Feb 4, 2016
Prime chuck would have a better shot at beating JBJ than any current fighter besides Gus. Chuck could put anyone to sleep. No, he wouldn't out wrestle Jones, but Jones wouldn't keep him down either. Pillow fist Jones would not hurt Chuck. In a 25 minute fight Chuck would have a shot at catching jones and turning out the lights. If Chuck didn't catch him Jones would stay on the outside and eye poke his way to a decision. This old chinless version of Chuck should not entertain a comeback fight--- against anyone other than maybe Shamrock.
He can always fight Tito again. I'd watch.