Live like a supervillain in this penthouse condo.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015

A condo at the Book Cadillac that was on the market for four years just sold for $1,200,000. The three-level, nearly 4,500-square-foot unfinished penthouse is the most expensive condo sold in Detroit, according to Jerome Huez of the Loft Warehouse, who searched MLS records dating back at least a couple decades.

The condo is unique in that it’s a stand alone tower atop the Book Cadillac. Huez said they worked with the new owner for two years, and she wants to turn it into, "The most stunning condo in the city."

Yes, the condo is unfinished, and not many people have the vision that she had, said Huez. But they’ve worked with designers and architects to pick the right finishes and design so it’s right for her and her family. Her goal is to have it done in about six months and to make it beautiful enough to feature on the cover of a magazine.

What’s the next step? The systems are all done, but some doors and walls need to be moved and then all the finishes can be completed. She’s not a public figure, but she is local and we’ll be checking back with her when her vision becomes a reality.

Here’s an idea of what she walked through. Could you have the vision for this kind of space? The windows are pretty incredible.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Detroit gets snow, right? That looks like it would be freezing in winter, with all the external walls and open space

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
The Westin Book Cadillac is also one of the most impressive renovations in the city. The 1924 building was nearly demolished in the 80s, and received a massive renovation and restoration in 2008.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I would love a place like that I could throw 35 yard passes with my football as I watch the game

P

Punch

It's nice fo sho and i wouldn't mind partying there, but i'll stick to single story ranch style houses in the country. That's more my style. :D

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
That looks awesome. It would kick ass to have that much space.