Mackenzie Dern makes me wish I spoke Portuguese!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
She's been using that Brazilian accent a lot lately too. Either trains with a ton of them and is picking it up, or wants to be one badly.
My understanding is that both of her parents are Brazillian and she spends a lot of time in Brazil training. I could see how that would affect her accent.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
She looks on point for a hot chick.

For a fighter, though, this is how she should look when she STARTS her cut. Maybe even when she starts her camp.

TedCzech

Ted Czech
Jan 11, 2016
She's been using that Brazilian accent a lot lately too. Either trains with a ton of them and is picking it up, or wants to be one badly.
I think her dad is Brazilian and she's been there a lot in the past few years training. A lot of people think it's crazy that her accent changed, but I spent a weekend in West Virginia one time and started picking up the accent, no lie ...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think her dad is Brazilian and she's been there a lot in the past few years training. A lot of people think it's crazy that her accent changed, but I spent a weekend in West Virginia one time and started picking up the accent, no lie ...
I would love to hear that accent. I lived in WV for about 6 years and then KY. Imagine mine....

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I just don’t understand how the mma forums act like it’s a cardinal sin. Even if she was faking it who gives a shit? Why are there countless threads on Derns accent? I just don’t get it.

M

member 3289

I just don’t understand how the mma forums act like it’s a cardinal sin. Even if she was faking it who gives a shit? Why are there countless threads on Derns accent? I just don’t get it.
Idk man. Faking a regional accent of a language is one thing. When my cousin moved from South Florida (neutral American accent) to West Virginia (very southern/redneck accent) when he was in elementary school, I found it funny when he'd come back to Florida to visit and say shit like "crick" instead of "creek". He was just trying to sound like the people in his new state so I didn't even chide him for it.

But faking a second-language speaker's accent is another story. Watching that video, you can clearly see that she's able to sound like a native English speaker, but she intentionally slows her speech, mispronounces words, and uses uncommon or incorrect grammatical forms.

You just want to shake her and say "OK, enough lol. Stop this silliness."

It's worse than when Madonna feigned an English accent.

I still think it's just funny, and I can definitely understand the fascination.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I started this thread because of this pic which is in Portuguese, hence the thread title-
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BL8IGfoDeQ8/

I don't care if she is a mute, I think she an attractive girl who is into my favorite sport. This thread was originally made due to her hotness.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I started this thread because of this pic which is in Portuguese, hence the thread title-
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BL8IGfoDeQ8/

I don't care if she is a mute, I think she an attractive girl who is into my favorite sport. This thread was originally made due to her hotness.
I don’t mean this thread though I’m pretty sure there has been at least one on Tmmac that complains about her speech pattern. Sherdog and especially the ug have an unhealthy obsession with her accent. It’s just fucking weird.

M

member 603

I don’t mean this thread though I’m pretty sure there has been at least one on Tmmac that complains about her speech pattern. Sherdog and especially the ug have an unhealthy obsession with her accent. It’s just fucking weird.
KEEP POSTING HER HOTNESS!!!!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yep, who cares....I like lots of different accents
ability to switch between them is a plus IMO