Man leaves 20-year-old daughter to drown at Dubai beach rather than allow rescuers to touch her

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Shit like this is a common practice, this may be on the more extreme end, but don't think shit like this isn't normal.
Nah man, you are very shortsighted on this, you've probably been in a few shithole warzones and formed an opinion on that, and i understand why you would think this way.

But let me tell you i'm just as normal or just as fucked up as you are and i'm a muslim.
Don't condemn me or other people who don't have shit to do with that sort of behavior.
I like to treat people like individuals, if you're an asshole, then you're the asshole not all americans, Christians or atheists.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nah man, you are very shortsighted on this, you've probably been in a few shithole warzones and formed an opinion on that, and i understand why you would think this way.

But let me tell you i'm just as normal or just as fucked up as you are and i'm a muslim.
Don't condemn me or other people who don't have shit to do with that sort of behavior.
I like to treat people like individuals, if you're an asshole, then you're the asshole not all americans, Christians or atheists.
From my experience in dubai and shit hole war zones and Kuwait, I'd have to say you would be the exception sir,imo. There is always good and bad in every group, it's my opinion that the bad far out way to good.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
From my experience in dubai and shit hole war zones and Kuwait, I'd have to say you would be the exception sir,imo. There is always good and bad in every group, it's my opinion that the bad far out way to good.
Well you got a right to your opinion, but just like you felt the urge to speak up in your first post i felt the urge to disagree and tell you.

I still think it's bullshit, but hey fuck it.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well you got a right to your opinion, but just like you felt the urge to speak up in your first post i felt the urge to disagree and tell you.

I respect your opinion and your right to it. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with each other, I'm not upset with you or anything.

We can agree to disagree on this, I realize how my opinion on this specific topic is viewed and isn't necessarily the most popular one with some people, especially muslims.

Last edited:

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I respect your opinion and your right to it. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with each other, I'm not upset with you or anything.

We can agree to disagree on this, I realize how my opinion on this specific topic is viewed and isn't necessarily the most popular one with some people, especially muslims.
Go and have vacation in Morocco brother, i guarantee you'll have fucking great time.
Great food, people, hashish, culture, tourist attractions, and views, if you like going out, there are ton of places to party everywhere.
No one will give a fuck what you do, what religion or the color of your skin is.
They will go out of there way to show you hospitality and invite you in to there own home's.
As long as you treat them with respect, they will give it back to you.

ChaosOverkill

Quod severis metes
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I entered into a discussion with a Muslim woman on a news item that was similar to this and she proceed to argue that what things like this and other pejorative Muslim issues that end up are "Because someone might get tainted" or "Because Sharia law" said so are as a result of bastardized versions of the true intented original holy scripture of Islam, and that is more what my snide comment was directed at not all Islam. That there is an obsessive bastardization of some more sinister version(s) that has/have become popularized and eclipsed true Islam not unlike Christianity focusing on Christ's Death in the dark ages as a bastardized social policy. I don't know enough of the intricate socio-political history to really say one way or another.

What is your view on something like that? Do you feel that there is a battle between the two is one side winning more than then other in terms of optics or territorial gains?

I just don't really have any muslim friend or co-workers any more so I rarely get any opportunity to discuss what this woman had to say, which I can only take at face value that she and others like her oppose what you see in terms of policy enacted in places like Dubai (Norwegian woman reporting sexual assault and being jailed for sex outside of marriage) and with personal news items pertaining to violence or death that are then connected to some religious policy the person claimed was the reason.

I think the article was the woman in New Jersey that was raped by her husband and he claimed Sharia Law allowed it and the judge agreed he was allowed to have religious law adjudicate his case and not US Federal law, which was then immediately appealed and overturned at the first opportunity.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2015
Go and have vacation in Morocco brother, i guarantee you'll have fucking great time.
Great food, people, hashish, culture, tourist attractions, and views, if you like going out, there are ton of places to party everywhere.
No one will give a fuck what you do, what religion or the color of your skin is.
They will go out of there way to show you hospitality and invite you in to there own home's.
As long as you treat them with respect, they will give it back to you.
just to be clear on my end. I said "everything from turkey (not including turkey) east to the pacific."

so that does not include an awesome place like morocco. ;)