Manager: Nate Diaz can land Conor McGregor rubber match by defeating Tony Ferguson

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight contender Nate Diaz, who moonlights as a welterweight when the opportunity (and cash) presents itself, is getting career advice from an unlikely place.

Tony Ferguson’s manager, Audie Attar.

While reigning lightweight champion Conor McGregor is off chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. — and dirty diapers — the rest of the 155-pound weight class (including this guy) is on hold. That leaves the No. 1-ranked “El Cucuy” with nothing to do but wait for an opponent to step up.

Even if it means tempting Diaz with forward-looking statements.

Diaz Can Land McGregor Rematch By Defeating Ferguson

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Lol. Said by Tony Fergs manager...

Nate doesnt need to do anything to land a rubber match, they are 1-1 and therefore by nature a rubber match is coming. There is no other MMA fight Nate or Conor would/should take until Conor retires. They both know this.

And EVEN IF Tony starched Nate, Tony aint getting the shot at Conor and it makes no difference to Nate's stock. Every single casual fan in the world wants to see that third fight... I know I would be explaining to my friends, colleagues and co-workers who Tony Ferg is, just like when he fought Alvarez and nobody casual had a clue who he was. Conor vs Tony is for serious fans only.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Nate is part of 2 biggest ppv in the history of UFC and both against Conor. Rubber match will happen regadless.

Nate for sure don't have to fight anyone or listen to this manager guy who's just trying to land an opportunity at Conor.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If Nate fights Tony, it willmore than likely be for interim title. So then Conor would have to land Nate since the interim title is more popular than the stall title these days

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Conor is Nate's biggest accomplishments and highlight of his career. He really does change lives that Conor. Still hanging on to fight him again, to re-live that glory. I say, be your own man Nate. Be your own star.

M

member 3289

Vannata is awesome. That was his coming out party, and Tony took him way too lightly.
But of course, he still won.
Fight could have been stopped twice in the first round and no one would have complained.

Fergie dodged a bullet.

Ferguson is too wild/sloppy for Conor or Nate if either of them decided to keep tight defence and maintain distance.