Mark Hunt: 3 fights left and I'll be done with MMA by 2019

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
Just like Daniel Cormier. BUT, Hunt says he's thinking about a boxing career afterwards!!!

“I’ve got this one in Perth [at UFC 221 against Curtis Blaydes], then hopefully I can push out two more before the end of the year and my contract will be up. I’d like to fight another three times globally and then probably hang them up. I’ve already been offered three boxing fights. I’m still chasing the UFC dream. I want to be the best mixed martial artist in the world. Maybe I will chase a boxing title after that. Conor [McGregor] fought [Floyd Mayweather] the best boxer in the world, so who knows?”

BREAKING | Mark Hunt Won't Be a UFC Fighter in 2019 | BJPenn.com

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
I am a HUGE Stipe fan and if it didn’t mean him losing I would hope for Hunt to somehow get the belt in his next 3 fights. You can’t help but like Mark Hunt.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
International fights, I would like to see:
Hunt v Sefo 2 in Rizin.
Hunt v Le Banner 3 in K1.
Hunt v Fedor 2 in Bellator.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
He must be pretty addicted to that CTE high.
Maybe.
Or fight out your contract in 12 months, knowing that you are now a gatekeeper and UFC won’t give you a shot at the belt - then take legend money fights.

Competition has taken a step back after Lewis - was Tybura & now Blaydes

Last edited:

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
That pic in the OP is legit.

He should probs stop but he earns a pretty penny and clearly loves it deep down.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Maybe.
Or fight out your contract in 12 months, knowing that you are now a gatekeeper and UFC won’t give you a shot at the belt - then take legend money fights.

Competition has taken a step back after Lewis - was Tybura & now Blaydes
Problem is, I honestly cannot think of a single fighter who has taken more blows to their head over their career than Mark Hunt.
He's been considered almost unknockoutable (even though he's been KO's about 7 times) because of how much head shots he eats. Think of all the punishment he took in fights where he didn't get KO'd like Sefo, Brock, Bigfoot. He's already experiencing memory loss and slurring his words.
And he's going to fight three more times and then at something like 45 years old try his hand at boxing. He would take untold brain damage if he tries. Legends fight maybe, boxing... would just be so stupid and self-destructive.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Problem is, I honestly cannot think of a single fighter who has taken more blows to their head over their career than Mark Hunt.
He's been considered almost unknockoutable (even though he's been KO's about 7 times) because of how much head shots he eats. Think of all the punishment he took in fights where he didn't get KO'd like Sefo, Brock, Bigfoot. He's already experiencing memory loss and slurring his words.
And he's going to fight three more times and then at something like 45 years old try his hand at boxing. He would take untold brain damage if he tries. Legends fight maybe, boxing... would just be so stupid and self-destructive.
I can, he guy he is KOing in the pic lol.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
I can, he guy he is KOing in the pic lol.
Not even close. Maybe if Struve continues to fight for another 20 years it'll be a contest.
Not only has Hunt been knocked out more. But he seems to be able to take 10x the amount of damage Struve can take before being knocked out. This is the real danger.
The number of Crocop head kicks alone he's eaten would've ended the career for most fighters.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Not even close. Maybe if Struve continues to fight for another 20 years it'll be a contest.
Not only has Hunt been knocked out more. But he seems to be able to take 10x the amount of damage Struve can take before being knocked out. This is the real danger.
The number of Crocop head kicks alone he's eaten would've ended the career for most fighters.
Don't disagree with me!!!!! It makes me sad!