Mark Hunt's next fight=boxing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Paul Gallen set to fight UFC monster in next boxing bout

Paul Gallen set to fight UFC monster Mark Hunt in next boxing bout

Mark Hunt, 45, has not yet received an offer for the fight, telling Sporting News he’s “happy to oblige” if the offer gets sorted.

“I know Paul (Gallen) and when they first asked me if I wanted a scrap, I was like ‘are you sure? Is your management right?’” Hunt told Sporting News.

“It’s fine. If Paul that wants this fight, by all means, I can oblige.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
“To be honest, I’m getting the itch back,” Hunt told Sporting News.

“I’ve been talking to a few other promotions, but haven’t locked anything down yet, so why not have a boxing fight?

“I’m looking forward to doing some training and fighting again, so if the price is right for me and it’s for a good cause, then why not?

“If it was to happen, we’ll donate a portion to the bushfire and do our bit to help.”

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Isn't wonderful how by the time the UFC is done with a fighter he is viewed as damaged goods instead of a legend....The NFL doesn't do that to its stars...

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Bkf can't afford mark.
Not yet. The longer Mark goes without fighting the higher the chances are he'll either need money and/or have "the itch".

I'm not up on the salaries for bare knuckle fighting, are they super cheap I take it?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Not yet. The longer Mark goes without fighting the higher the chances are he'll either need money and/or have "the itch".

I'm not up on the salaries for bare knuckle fighting, are they super cheap I take it?
There was an interview a few days ago (or at least that is when imsaw it) with hunt and masvidal and hunt said he was offered a fight. Perhaps that is the fight mentioned above. They gave him a number and he countered with what he deemed as an acceptable price and that is where they stand. He is coming off a contract where he didn't feel he was getting compensated appropriately so I don't see him taking anything less than what he feels is fair. He seems to be just fine not fighting and is just waiting for the right opportunity. He's not chomping at the bit to just jump back in there.

No idea on bkf salaries, but based on the talent being washed up fighters, I can't imagine it's too good.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Here is the interview I was referencing

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Australian heavyweight Paul Gallen (9-0-1, 5 KOs) is in negotiations to clash with UFC star Mark Hunt in what is predicted to be a record pay-per-view contest in Sydney, Australia. Gallen, who retired as a rugby league football star last year, already featured in the biggest televised Australian bout in 2019 when he boxed a six round draw with AFL football star Barry Hall that did record pay-per-view sales.

“I’ve just got a message for my old mate Mark Hunt,” Gallen said. “Mate, you signed your contract today and you’ve released it and made it public. How long did it take you to sign that contract? Three to four weeks, and you’ve made it public today that you’ve signed it and you expect me to make a decision today?

“You know exactly how contracts work, they don’t happen overnight. I’ve had my first conversation with the promoter about 4 o’clock this afternoon, you’ve had three or four weeks to get it done.

“Again, I have to be happy with what I’m going to get, I’m going to jump in the ring with a bloke who’s been knocking blokes out all around the world for 20 years. I’m not going to get in there unless I get what I want.

“As I said, the conversation I had yesterday with the promoter, we are in the ballpark. We’re not far away at all, but I said yesterday, just give me a week to get things sorted. There’s a number of finer details in the contract I need to sort out as far as money and tickets go. There’s a little bit to go, but all in all, it’s positive but it won’t be done this week.”

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Tony Ferguson would butcher hunt .

And he wants to try an A+ athletic level sport

LOL JUST LOL

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Australian heavyweight Paul Gallen (9-0-1, 5 KOs) is in negotiations to clash with UFC star Mark Hunt in what is predicted to be a record pay-per-view contest in Sydney, Australia. Gallen, who retired as a rugby league football star last year, already featured in the biggest televised Australian bout in 2019 when he boxed a six round draw with AFL football star Barry Hall that did record pay-per-view sales.

“I’ve just got a message for my old mate Mark Hunt,” Gallen said. “Mate, you signed your contract today and you’ve released it and made it public. How long did it take you to sign that contract? Three to four weeks, and you’ve made it public today that you’ve signed it and you expect me to make a decision today?

“You know exactly how contracts work, they don’t happen overnight. I’ve had my first conversation with the promoter about 4 o’clock this afternoon, you’ve had three or four weeks to get it done.

“Again, I have to be happy with what I’m going to get, I’m going to jump in the ring with a bloke who’s been knocking blokes out all around the world for 20 years. I’m not going to get in there unless I get what I want.

“As I said, the conversation I had yesterday with the promoter, we are in the ballpark. We’re not far away at all, but I said yesterday, just give me a week to get things sorted. There’s a number of finer details in the contract I need to sort out as far as money and tickets go. There’s a little bit to go, but all in all, it’s positive but it won’t be done this week.”
he's afraid

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
As a guy who's been watching Mark Hunt fight since probly 1997, I would think that in preparation for a pure boxing match he would hopefully really focus on his footwork/movement. In and out. Dude usually likes to clash and bang, follow up with a patented leaping lead hook when both fighters are exhausted and slower and the opponent is stumbling backwards.

Hunt vs. Sefo is my favourite K1 fight :D