Masvidal calls out Covington for ‘super distasteful’ dig at Hughes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC welterweight contender Colby Covington was all over the combat sports news headlines this past weekend after UFC Newark. Not only did he defeat former champion Robbie Lawler in dominant fashion, he also made some controversial comments that for some people, was way overboard.

During a post-fight interview, “Chaos” took a jab at UFC Hall-of-Famer Matt Hughes, who was severely injured in a train accident more than two years ago.

“Let’s talk about the lesson we learned tonight. It’s a strong lesson Robbie should have learned a lesson from his buddy Matt Hughes,” Covington said. “You stay off the tracks when the train is coming through, junior. Doesn’t…

Jorge Masvidal calls out Colby Covington for ‘super distasteful’ dig at Matt Hughes

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Whoa. These two were like best friends at one point. First Jorge's buddying up with Woodley, and now this.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I didn’t believe Cody was that good of a wrestler but I’m starting to believe

However, that is not good for Cody as once I start rooting for you, you done gonna lose dope quick

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I was just pointing out how old the video was. They have both come along way since then.
I think they're still cool with each other. Masvidal just speaks his mind and Colby's trying hard with this heel role

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I think they're still cool with each other. Masvidal just speaks his mind and Colby's trying hard with this heel role
Colby could call Jorge and say 'just getting heat LoL' and they'd still be cool. Just caught Jorge by surprise with the question.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
“Let’s talk about the lesson we learned tonight. It’s a strong lesson Robbie should have learned a lesson from his buddy Matt Hughes,” Covington said. “You stay off the tracks when the train is coming through, junior. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Trump train or the Colby train, get out the way.”

LOL, I hate Colby but I actually like this comment.