Matt Hughes OMG-He can barely talk

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Sad.

Hate to speculate but I still have my doubts about his accident.

A train is avoidable..

I wonder if it might have been an intentional attempt.

Maybe a side effect of CTE..

Like I said I hate to think about that and i only wish the best for him.

Just wonder if thats ever been brought to attentions so it could be managed.

Hope he gets better still.
That's been tossed around as a possibility by others for the same reasons.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Not sure why suicide is brought up unless someone knows more but train accidents in the Midwest is common.

Was there trees blocking his line of sight or other objects obstructing his view?

Had he been on these tracks a million times, got to comfortable and was distracted on his phone?

Did he see the train and try to beat it but hit some loose gravel making him spin out?

There are Many more different scenarios that could have occurred, so no real reason for us to jump to the conclusion it was a suicide attempt unless of course there is more to the story.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Not sure why suicide is brought up unless someone knows more but train accidents in the Midwest is common.

Was there trees blocking his line of sight or other objects obstructing his view?

Had he been on these tracks a million times, got to comfortable and was distracted on his phone?

Did he see the train and try to beat it but hit some loose gravel making him spin out?

There are Many more different scenarios that could have occurred, so no real reason for us to jump to the conclusion it was a suicide attempt unless of course there is more to the story.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

Out in the country it's normal to only have RR signs, no bells, no lights... much easier to underestimate an oncoming train. Factor in line of sight, time of day, etc. and you've got yourself a scenario.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'm pretty sure that from the early reports on the accident that there isn't a tree anywhere near the area.

Basically imagine every stereotypical scene involving a railroad crossing in Iowa in a movie where there's nothing for miles other than some combines and irrigation equipment and you have the perfect setting for where this occurred.

That's why people question it so much.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

The context I heard the suicide attempt was the same context as your post. Pure speculation. Would you say it's as good of a guess of suicide attempt as any of the other suggestions?

All I know is athletes who have had a lot of hits/injuries to the head, many times end up not being mentally stable years after they're done competing. I also know how to drive, judge distances, realize danger, etc...
So wondering how a person cannot see a huge long train coming, does at least make one wonder.

But I haven't heard anyone flat out say it was a suicide attempt, just a suggested observation.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
he looks like Matt, but had a total reboot of the mind....seems to have memories oddly

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What a fucking disaster...

And unless someone is goddamned Hitler, you should be able to scrap up some compassion for such a terrible tragedy...

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
I've noticed that on threads that have to do with Hughes's accident, there is a lot less sympathy and a lot more silence than there would be for others in similar circumstances. I wish he hadn't been hit by the train. But I would care a lot more, had he been a better person..