VID Mayweather vs. McGregor: New York Press Conference (Today @ 6:30pm ET)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Has anybody addressed what Connor was wearing? That was, I don't know what that was. He was clowning Mayweather last time and then comes out looking like a jester. Should've stayed in the suit at least he didn't look so much like a idiot trying to hard

Connor getting ready for WWE

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
I didn't see it yet but I heard it was terrible.

Conor broke out the "I'm black from the belly button down" line which is one of the worst jokes in existence.
The schoolyard insult format is really weak. "You a bitch...! No YOU a bitch!"

I think they'd be much better off limiting that portion to 5 minutes and then going with some kind of interview format for the rest.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Floyd is far more effective when he's just talking calmly. Same with Conor IMO. Any kind of controlled interaction between these two would be amazing. This anything-goes improv (which of course is 80% scripted) which relies 100% on the crowd feeling it is totally misplaced. I mean Nate and Conor blew all this bs away just by sitting at their tables and answering reporters' questions, with genuine improv coming up very effectively in their direct exchanges, eg, the "you're on steroids" part. The way they're doing it assumes everybody's in the 12-18 year old bracket. Or the 40-55 bracket considering the Doug E Fresh bit.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Yeah you could see it on his face when Floyd started calling him a Clown and Dana's bitch
Conor's face said it all... "Damn what the fuck am I doing up here. Floyd is right. I look like a damn clown"
Hahahah! It's pretty fucking funny that he actually appeared angry. I think it IS a sore spot with Conor that he had to give up so much to the UFC and that WME brass would not meet with him to discuss his "terms" about getting a stake in the company. Floyd should ride on those facts, since they clearly are sensitive for Conor.

Nov 21, 2015
Hahahah! It's pretty fucking funny that he actually appeared angry. I think it IS a sore spot with Conor that he had to give up so much to the UFC and that WME brass would not meet with him to discuss his "terms" about getting a stake in the company. Floyd should ride on those facts, since they clearly are sensitive for Conor.
Yep Conor was legit pissed. He even shoulder bumped Floyd. First time he's ever gotten mad
enough to physically touch him and it showed

Nov 21, 2015
Yep then Floyd started laughing cuz he knew it was getting to him.

I expect Conor to pivot next time though and calm down on the WWE
stuff and be more serious. I think thats what the crowd wanted. Seriousness
not a peacock show

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Yeah you could see it on his face when Floyd started calling him a Clown and Dana's bitch
Conor's face said it all... "Damn what the fuck am I doing up here. Floyd is right. I look like a damn clown"
Lol I actually thought the look was a great idea but you can't look like that AND act that ridiculous. One or the other.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yep then Floyd started laughing cuz he knew it was getting to him.

I expect Conor to pivot next time though and calm down on the WWE
stuff and be more serious. I think thats what the crowd wanted. Seriousness
not a peacock show
I'm not sure he can pull back at this point