Melvin Guillard booked for February return, looks to snap 11-fight winless streak

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Melvin Guillard isn’t done competing just yet.

This, despite riding an 11-fight winless streak that stretches across the national and international MMA scenes, as well as the world of bare knuckle boxing.

Over the weekend, Michigan-based MMA promotion Lights Out Championship announced that Guillard (32-22-2) will make his promotional debut when he takes on Erick Lozano (13-16).

Guillard most recently competed in MMA in October. At United Combat League 32 in Hammond, Ind., the 36-year-old welterweight dropped a unanimous decision to Terry House Jr. (8-13).

Since his UFC release in mid-2014, Guillard seemingly has competed everywhere. Promotions Guillard has graced include Bellator, WSOF, Rizin FF, and Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship – just to name a few.

Despite his worldly travels, “The Young Assassin” has struggled to find success, only winning one of his 12 outings. Over that stretch, Guillard has been finished six times.

As for his opponent, the 37-year-old Lozano has won five of his most recent six fights. In 13 career wins, Lozano has won all but two of them inside the distance.

Guillard and Lozano will headline Lights Out 7. The card takes place Feb. 8 at The DeltaPlex Arena in Grand Rapids, Mich. The event will stream on FiteTV.

Melvin Guillard booked for February return, looks to snap 11-fight winless streak

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
lost a decision to a guy who is 8-13 in his last mma fight and is on an 11 fight losing streak . i would say it is time to hang them up but its not like melvin has anything to fall back on

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Is he just The Assassin now, he ain’t that young.

I used to really enjoy seeing him fight. Haven’t watched one in years. He could be the fighter that tops the list of those who didn’t live up to their potential.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
lost a decision to a guy who is 8-13 in his last mma fight and is on an 11 fight losing streak . i would say it is time to hang them up but its not like melvin has anything to fall back on
he's been working as a bouncer too but he keeps knocking people out while on the job

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
His last win was in 2014 and he hasn't won 2 in a row since 2011.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Is he just The Assassin now, he ain’t that young.

I used to really enjoy seeing him fight. Haven’t watched one in years. He could be the fighter that tops the list of those who didn’t live up to their potential.
The Old Gunslinger IMO...

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He should just come back to the UFC and knock the fuck outta BJ Penn if he needs an easy win

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He should just come back to the UFC and knock the fuck outta BJ Penn if he needs an easy win
Sad part is he can't even whip BJ now..I'd come off the couch and beat him in under 2 minutes..I watched his last fight and am familiar with his last opponent.. Melvin also no way in hell should've got a split decision vs gaethje.. he got dogg walked and adderall bird or whatever ther fk her name is must've been judging.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
bkfc must not be cutting big checks if he is taking mma fights in the minor leagues

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
If he'd retired in 2015 and also hadn't beaten his wife, he'd be remembered as a fun UFC lightweight and fringe contender who never quite made it to the top and had a bit of a slide towards the end, but who also always came to fight and was fun to watch. He'd have had a decent legacy, and could have stuck around as a coach or something. Definitely, he'd have set himself and his family up to be financially secure, while having a career his children could brag about.

Instead he's a pariah. It's pretty sad. Always know when to walk away, before you get stuck. Also, don't beat your wife.