Mirko Cro Cop announces retirement

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Home / Sport / Cro Cop Announces Retirement
Cro Cop Announces Retirement
croatiaweek 3 hours ago Sport

Mirko ‘Cro Cop’ Filipović (photo: mmafighting)

Legendary Croatian mixed martial artist Mirko ‘Cro Cop’ Filipović (42) has finally called an end to his amazing career just days after winning the Rizin Grand Prix in Japan.

Filipović arrived back in Croatia late last night from Japan, where he claimed the Rizin Grand Prix title, and within 24 hours he announced that he would bow out of the sport.

“That was definitely my last tournament. I have health problems and this is definitely the end of my career”, Cro Cop said in an interview with Nova TV tonight.

Filipović, who announced his retirement once before in 2015, said there would be no coming back this time.

“I know I have announced my retirement before, but this is definitely it”, he said.

Cro Cop with the Rizin Grand Prix belt
Cro Cop says that he will however stay involved in sport and has already some offers from abroad.

Filipović will go down as one of the greatest heavyweights in kickboxing and mixed martial arts in history.

He was the 2006 Pride Open-Weight Grand Prix Champion and the 2012 K-1 World Grand Prix Champion becoming the second fighter in the world to win mixed martial arts and kickboxing championships and tournaments. He is also a former IGF Champion.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
When you can make Duran Duran- the Wild Boyz into a song that strikes fear in someones heart, you know you're a bad ass mother fucker.

War Cro Cop.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Awesome. My last post about Mirko in the Rizin thread was saying I thought he should retire. He didn't look great in those fights and he has given more than enough of his sweat and blood to the fans. We do not need another sakaraba.

Happy retirement to an mma legend.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Crazy to think the Gonzaga KO was almost 10 years ago. Glad he went out on top. 42 is ancient for an MMA fighter.

Teen Gohan

TMMAC Top Team
Oct 19, 2015
That's what I like to call, Going out in Style.

What a badass trophy and respect to a legend.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Man what a way to go out! Guy has been around FOR-EV-ER!

Such a storied career, the up's the down's and to end on that note in Japan! What a story book ending!

But I tell you what, I wanted to see that Mirko Vs. Wanderlei match up one more time for old times sakes ....but winning the HW GP will do!

Great RUN MIRKO! Take care and you will forever be in the minds of MMA fans for generations to come! You have sealed your spot in the MMA HALL OF FAME!

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
What a Nice End to a Great Legend.

His accomplished a lot in such a brutal sport and he should be proud.

Hope he stays retired and tries his best to Enjoy the normal life.

I Dedicate this Win in UFC Undisputed 2010 PSP Emulator to Him.

Last edited:

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
Mirko Vs. Fedor still one of the biggest fights in MMA, the build up was off the charts!

Just check out Mirko's entrance! You can tell that place was ELECTRIC!!!

What he did to Alek's E was devastating!

Just 2 months after facing Mirko he fought a young green James Thompson, a fight Alek's should have won but you could tell he was devastated and mentally shook from the loss to Mirko just 2 months prior .....and it showed.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Only fight he'll come out of retirement for is Wanderlei imo.
crocop always had wandys number but this version of crocop vs this version of wand would be a murder.crocop looked like a beast in his time with rizin.id like to see wand juice the fuck out and go on a run with rizin but he knows he wants no part of a left kick in the dome from crocop

Tom O'Bedlam

Resident loon.
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Mirko Vs. Fedor still one of the biggest fights in MMA, the build up was off the charts!

Just check out Mirko's entrance! You can tell that place was ELECTRIC!!!

What he did to Alek's E was devastating!

Just 2 months after facing Mirko he fought a young green James Thompson, a fight Alek's should have won but you could tell he was devastated and mentally shook from the loss to Mirko just 2 months prior .....and it showed.

but... Aleks won the Thompson fight...

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
crocop always had wandys number but this version of crocop vs this version of wand would be a murder.crocop looked like a beast in his time with rizin.id like to see wand juice the fuck out and go on a run with rizin but he knows he wants no part of a left kick in the dome from crocop
And he wants to fight wand. I'm sure wand wants a nice payday as well. I'm just hoping to see em fight again. Their fights are epic.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
To be honest, I actually went back and watched it again to make sure I wasn't crazy!

lol..I'm just trolling, needed a reason to post that James "DVD" Thompson video done by the great Boondock one of the best original MMA HL makers.

That's a guy we need to recruit over here and have him come out of the rock he's been hiding.