Monster's Pick 'em Championship Season 25 (starts May 30, 2020)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

This is a friendly prediction game with a seasonal league format, started by Zeph @Zeph and named in honour of the late Kevin 'Monster' Randleman.

EVENTS THIS SEASON

1. UFC on ESPN+ 30 (May 30, 2020)
2. UFC 250 (June 6, 2020)
3- TBD

***If you've never played before, you don't have to do anything to join except post your picks to this thread using the template. Please use the letter X.***

INSTRUCTIONS

Making your picks.
Copy the provided template for the event. Pick a single winner and method for every fight in the event by placing an “x” in the bracket. Post your filled out template to this thread.

Changing your picks. You can edit your picks until the event starts. Any picks or edits made after the start of a fight will result in a score of zero. This will be based on the post timestamp, not the content of the edit. (e.g. don’t edit a typo or something and change your timestamp)

If you want to edit your picks but the edit window on the post has ended, you can put your picks in a new post, and only your latest picks will count.

It is good practice when doing something unusual to announce what you’re doing by including a sentence or two about it in your post, or to ask first if you’re unsure. This can also save us time when tallying the scores.

Fight card changes. When there are late notice fight card changes, instructions will be posted at the time on how to handle them.

All players must maintain the same bout order for their picks, regardless of the actual fight card bout order, so our spreadsheet calculator can score your picks correctly.

If one fighter is switched out for another, a pick for the fighter that is out will be transferred automatically to a pick for the replacement fighter, so you need only edit your pick if the change causes you to want to change your pick/method.

A very late card change such as Werdum/Willis, which affected two different fights, may result in zero points awarded for all players for those fights to maintain fairness.

SCORING

2 points are awarded for every correct winning fighter.

1 bonus point is awarded if you also correctly predict the method of the win.

For our purposes, KO and TKO are treated as one.

If you miss a fight, or accidentally put x's for both fighters, you will get zero points for that fight. If you put two x's for the same fighter with different methods, you will not be eligible for the method bonus point.

Special Circumstances:

A draw results in five points.

A submission to strikes results in a bonus point for everyone who picked either KO or submission.

All points are awarded based on the outcome the night of the fight. Rulings that are later overturned on appeal do not affect the scores for this game.

WINNING

Standings and stats will be posted for each event, so you are welcome to play only part of a season if you like, and can jump in and out any time.

The championship is decided based only on cumulative score for the whole season. Any other statistics provided are just informational. If you win, Splinty @Splinty will change your name to gold so everyone will know you're the current champ when you post in the forums, until the next champ takes your belt!

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
This season will start with UFC on ESPN+ 30 AND UFC 250, and then we'll figure it out from there.

I would like to remind everyone that we need a new logo. Please feel free to submit an original design!

*Note: I originally made a mistake and said the season would start with UFC 250.

Last edited:

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
My wife is sitting here furious at me. She’s trying to watch Magic Mike but she can’t hear the damn movie, because I’m laughing so hard thinking about all of the Ass Clowns and Turd Burglars on here who are going to owe me an apology after I win this season.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
My wife is sitting here furious at me. She’s trying to watch Magic Mike but she can’t hear the damn movie, because I’m laughing so hard thinking about all of the Ass Clowns and Turd Burglars on here who are going to owe me an apology after I win this season.
I am going to get my apology out if the way right now so I can concentrate on my picks this season...

View: https://youtu.be/7beNJqF_1uU

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Quit trying to make this about you.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That is great. But the point of a new logo was to not have to worry about any possible copyright issues. What are your thoughts on that?
I thought memes were fair use for the most part, but I imagine there's probably a lot of grey areas. Smarter men than me would be better informed.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Where you at Ronald??

Where you at motherfucker!??

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
TEMPLATE

EVENT 1: Woodley vs. Burns - Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 6PM EDT (check your timezone)

Tyron Woodley ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Gilbert Burns ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Blagoy Ivanov ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Augusto Sakai ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Gabriel Green ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Daniel Rodriguez ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Roosevelt Roberts ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Brok Weaver ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Mackenzie Dern ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Hannah Cifers ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Katlyn Chookagian ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Antonina Shevchenko ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Billy Quarantillo ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Spike Carlyle ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Jamahal Hill ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Klidson Abreu ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Tim Elliott ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Brandon Royval ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Louis Smolka ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Casey Kenney ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Chris Gutiérrez ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Vince Morales ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Last edited:

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Tyron Woodley ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Gilbert Burns ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[x ]

Blagoy Ivanov ko[ x] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Augusto Sakai ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Kevin Holland ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Daniel Rodriguez ko[ ] sub[ x] dec[ ]

Roosevelt Roberts ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ x] draw[ ]
vs.
Brok Weaver ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Mackenzie Dern ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Hannah Cifers ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[x]

Katlyn Chookagian ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[x ] draw[ ]
vs.
Antonina Shevchenko ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Billy Quarantillo ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[x ] draw[ ]
vs.
Spike Carlyle ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Jamahal Hill ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Klidson Abreu ko[ x] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Tim Elliott ko[ ] sub[x ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Brandon Royval ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ]

Louis Smolka ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Casey Kenney ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ x]

Chris Gutiérrez ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ ] draw[ ]
vs.
Vince Morales ko[ ] sub[ ] dec[ x]

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Tbh I am getting confused about the event numbering. UFC isn't posting numbers. I saw May 30th called UFC on ESPN+ 30 somewhere, but that's removed now. I found one article calling it FN 172, but we already had FN 172? So idk. I might just start calling all the fight nights by their main event if it doesn't get straightened out. Then of course the problem is when the main event changes, but ?‍♀.

I'm thinking it might have to do with other sports being canceled, and so more of the events being shown on ESPN than were supposed to be? This next fight card says it will be on both ESPN and ESPN+, and it looks like that goes for the prelims as well, but it might just be a confusing display.