Monster's

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Should the top men make Monsters a permanent staple and come out of pocket?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
T

The Big Guy

Why isn't this tournament sponsored by the site and promoted?

By that I mean you guys force a mod to do it for free. For the love of the game or whatever just make it fucking happen

Pretty please
1610754151676.png
Wild @Wild
Splinty @Splinty

T

The Big Guy

I made it all up anyway

all of it

but I wish she was my mum
Maybe since your bored as fuck and trolling 24/7 you should use that superior chosen ashkenazi brain and help calculate the scores and winners

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I went with “yes,” but I also decided to select “yes” as well.

I imagine the technology is there to make it an automated process with very little manual lift. I think since nuraknu @nuraknu keeps crapping out babies (kidding, love you!) this should happen soon.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fuck it, I'll do it. Alley style. Gimme your money and I'll remember who picked what

M

member 1013

Maybe since your bored as fuck and trolling 24/7 you should use that superior chosen ashkenazi brain and help calculate the scores and winners
I’m honestly hurt

im in my woodshop having a great time

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I love and appreciate all that nuraknu @nuraknu has done, but I have to say, getting knocked up in the middle of a season is one of the most unprofessional things I’ve ever seen.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I'm sure if anyone wanted to take it over nuraknu @nuraknu would have no problem with it.

I imagine the technology is there to make it an automated process with very little manual lift.
Yes, but also no.
As far as I know at the core she still uses my crappy Excel-file. It's simple but the work-intensive part is pretty much the input.

First the cards and all their changes. You have to stay on top of it and ideally have a look every day if something changed, and keep people updated.
And then the user input + keeping on top of name changes.

It actually would be easier to go away from the forum with it and have an app or website at least automate the user input. But do people want that? They'd have to make new accounts and stuff. And I'd guess there are other such things already available.
Plus, if you make it anew, who would create it, and who would host the services? A server doesn't run on thin air.

So this solution is not that bad to keep it what it is.

What I could see working is a system involving more people tho, distributing the three tasks:
- creating the template for fights and keep it updated
- keep up with user input and name changes
- actually operate the Excel file

If Noone else is up for it I would be okay with doing the third again. But the other two not.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm sure if anyone wanted to take it over nuraknu @nuraknu would have no problem with it.

Yes, but also no.
As far as I know at the core she still uses my crappy Excel-file. It's simple but the work-intensive part is pretty much the input.

First the cards and all their changes. You have to stay on top of it and ideally have a look every day if something changed, and keep people updated.

It actually would be easier to go away from the forum with it and have an app or website at least automate the user input. But do people want that? They'd have to make new accounts and stuff. And I'd guess there are other such things already available.
Plus, if you make it anew, who would create it, and who would host the services? A server doesn't run on thin air.

What I could see working is a system involving more people tho, distributing the three tasks:

If Noone else is up for it I would be okay with doing the third again. But the other two not.
I wonder if the forum software allows for arbitrary data tables. Should dedicate a forum page to picks, which could be selected by radio button and be processed/managed more or less automatically.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I wonder if the forum software allows for arbitrary data tables. Should dedicate a forum page to picks, which could be selected by radio button and be processed/managed more or less automatically.
Great idea! If you think about it, normal polls already offer most of the needed functionality.

Splinty @Splinty is this possible?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Yes, but also no.

I converted it to a google sheet to make it easily shared. I've added a few features but all of your logic is still there.

*and I did ask splinty at one point about access to some of the api for this software but I don't think he's ready to go there yet