NASA cuts space station live feed to hide UFO

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Did NASA shut down the ISS live feed for sinister reasons? Decide for yourself
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/nasa-shuts-down-live-international-8408011
UFO spotters have raised the alarm after the International Space Station live feed cut out just as a large mysterious object appeared to enter Earth's atmosphere.

The incident occurred on July 9 and was first reported by prolific UFO hunter Streetcap1 in a video uploaded the same day.

The enthusiast did not directly imply that the object was an alien spacecraft saying: “This could well be a meteor or the like.

But he implied that the camera being turned off was slightly sinister: "What made it interesting was that the camera cut off when the UFO seemed to stop.”

-------------

More in link.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
I can confirm that the feeds can sometimes drop.
Although it's never for alien reasons.

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind here is that you're not seeing the original cast (talking about Kwingjitsu's video, not the article one). This is a ISS video re-uploaded and inserted into his video. Always potential for some fuckery there. Nor does he point to the original source video in his description which is archived on the ISS HD Earth View page. Doing this would allow people to view the raw footage and form their own opinions (and likely find no such artifact in the footage). But instead we're relying on his footage which his viewers assume is not doctored.

EDIT: looking at KWingJitsu @KWingJitsu's video...if there is an artifact in the original cast, there's a ton of other things to keep in mind before jumping right to aliens. Like optics, natural artifacts inherent in the camera, etc.

If you're interested in watching a live feed from Station like this you can visit their UStream page here:

View: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload

Its a public facing site and sometimes its just cool to check out the view from space. Although the screen goes black when Station flies over the part of earth experiencing night, which it is right now as of 4:01 pm. Technically the feed isn't off, you're just staring at a black earth (the cameras aren't sensitive enough to pick up light sources from earth)

EDIT2:
Now regarding the video from the actual article...
These feeds cut off several times a day. The reason is that Station transfers communications between one of 3 different comm satellites in orbit depending on it's location. When it transfers from one satellite to another, there's a down time that may last anywhere from a couple of minutes to 10 minutes.

EDIT3: Also consider that NASA, while not an actual branch of the government essentially serves as a logical extension. That is, it does whatever the government says. And so it has worked in conjunction with the military to put into space several things that at the time, and still today, are considered classified. I once tried to have former astronaut John Casper give me a couple of hints but he wouldn't budge.

Point is, there may be "unidentified" things out there but are actually just classified satellites, or other pieces of hardware that the government will not disclose to us. And it is not out of the realm of possibility to think that while having a live stream, that they'd want to cut the feed during times when classified hardware and the Stations's cameras meet. How likely that is, I couldn't say. But it isn't crazy.

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Seems like a great way to bring more traffic to their feed. Turn the camera off every once in a while and let the ufo geeks think "got eem!" and do the power marketing for you, free of charge. If nasa was actually concerned about the public seeing ufos then they would have a tape delay of a few seconds or a few hours and no one would be the wiser. Who the fuck watches and records this shit? I can see checking it out once for a minute or two, but after that I don't really see the point.

Seems like a great way to bring more traffic to their feed. Turn the camera off every once in a while and let the ufo geeks think "got eem!" and do the power marketing for you, free of charge. If nasa was actually concerned about the public seeing ufos then they would have a tape delay of a few seconds or a few hours and no one would be the wiser. Who the fuck watches and records this shit? I can see checking it out once for a minute or two, but after that I don't really see the point.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
They DO have a tape delay FYI...
and apparently someone watching it 24hrs a day...

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I record the weather segments of the news and watch them later for the nostalgia.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
They DO have a tape delay FYI...
and apparently someone watching it 24hrs a day...
Then who would watch the stream and all the sudden cut the camera? Are they paying people to watch it live and also paying people to watch what they are broadcasting? I'm no rocket scientist, but that doesn't make sense to me. They on the other hand are rocket scientists.