Sports NFL 2024-25 Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Bad Monkey

Aug 13, 2024
I said the vibes for the Bengals were all wrong before the start of the season. They just don't seem to be a franchise ready to compete.

That said I did pick the Ravens to win the division and they are only 1-2. So I can't victory lap on that.
What are the betting odds for the Ravens to win the north? I feel like they are still the favorites down two games to Pittsburgh.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
They only want it gone when it's an defensive player doing it.

Far as I know McBride was not fined or suspended for this hit.

View: https://twitter.com/FantasyInjuryT/status/1837993527931744279?t=E2RlJtqIUR3j6taIhLtshQ&s=19
Yes, I agree.

I had a rant post typed up about how it is a one sided "safety concern" but I scrapped it and gave a simple reply.

I hate it.

You will never penalize getting flash KOed out of the game, and sometimes it is worse to get a knee blown for life.

It is up to the offensive staff and players to protect the offensive players via scheme(run game/play action/only throwing to open targets), and their on field choices, if you choose to throw into traffic/lead receiver to contact or run at/intomultiple defenders there should be very few limits to the violence allowed. Contact will always include helmets because a running human includes the head in front of the shoulders.

Last edited:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
What are the betting odds for the Ravens to win the north? I feel like they are still the favorites down two games to Pittsburgh.
They are definitely the best team.

Browns have no offense.
Bengals have no defense.
Steelers record is smoke and mirrors and will end up being a .500 +/- team

Last edited:

Chimonos Revenge

Fortune and Glory Kid
Oct 28, 2015
Also, as bad as every one thinks Mac Jones is, and as horrible as he has played, his career passer rating is STILL highter than Lawrences.
Trevor has more accumulated stats now, due to Mac's injury and missing games in 2022 and being benched for the second half of the season in 2023

But they are essentially the same guy. Befor e that benching, their career stats were almost identical. In fact, Mac's were slightly better.

At this point, I really don't want to hear about how Lawrence has better talent...he hasn't shown it

Last edited:

Chimonos Revenge

Fortune and Glory Kid
Oct 28, 2015
Lawrence has glimpses of greatness. I think that's why he has gotten a pass so far.

But the overall stats don't lie. He's pedestrian at best. Maybe that's the team around him. Maybe that's him.
Absolutely not enough to warrant that contract. This is who he is. He's been in the league long enough now.

Meohfumado

Nerd of Nerds
Aug 13, 2024
He didn't spit in him. Smith was to the left of him and he spit towards his own feet
I was referring to the original cheap shot.

And y'know...Bounty Gate, and the team helping the archdiocese of New Orleans cover up priest abuse.

It's top to bottom a trash organization.