Sports NFL 2024-25 Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
And this is why everyone hated the Watson contract.

He has now pushed back on the media asking why he threw away a pass instead of scrambling for a first because 'he's not a running back.'

And now wouldnt even play 4th down. I'm assuming because 'he's not a kicker'?
At the time of the contract everyone knew he had questionable character. No excuse for anything but a short prove it deal.

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
I saw some folks say he walked off because he was not getting the playcalls fast enough to get the playoffs but IDK about that. Seems like there was time to get the play off to me.

That said those guys in the locker room will know the truth and if he did just give up its hard to justify keeping him as the starter. Everyone else is gonna go into "im my own boss" mode and quit on those coaching staff.

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
It's also hard keeping Watson as your starter when Winston the backup is very likeable even with his quirks.

Chimonos Revenge

Fortune and Glory Kid
Oct 28, 2015
Like you said, maybe let Drake Maye start learning and struggling a bit like Denver is doing with Nix
I understand they’re being cautious with him. They don’t wanna ruin him like they did with Mac Jones. But Brissett is painful man.
He’s a great back up to fill-in here and there, but he can’t be a starting quarterback

There’s just no offense there. There’s no hope of a downfield play.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I understand they’re being cautious with him. They don’t wanna ruin him like they did with Mac Jones. But Brissett is painful man.
He’s a great back up to fill-in here and there, but he can’t be a starting quarterback

There’s just no offense there. There’s no hope of a downfield play.
Is Maye really that green? What exactly do they expect him to struggle with?

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
Hes raw for sure but it's not just that. Hes gonna be placed behind one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL. Hes gonna get hit a lot.

He was brought in week 2 I think and only for a little bit and he was getting killed.

To me it's not worth bring him in right now. He's not gonna learn anything by getting put on his back over and over.

Chrit

RdotC
Aug 13, 2024

Chimonos Revenge

Fortune and Glory Kid
Oct 28, 2015
It’s more like putting him in there when he’s not in a position to succeed. The line is so bad that he’s gonna be running for his life.
It’s what happened to Mac Jones to some extent. He spent every play running for his life and making bad decisions under pressure.
His first year was the only year he had a stable offense

Chimonos Revenge

Fortune and Glory Kid
Oct 28, 2015
Hes raw for sure but it's not just that. Hes gonna be placed behind one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL. Hes gonna get hit a lot.

He was brought in week 2 I think and only for a little bit and he was getting killed.

To me it's not worth bring him in right now. He's not gonna learn anything by getting put on his back over and over.
Granted, they put him in there against one of the best defensive fronts and pash rushes in the game

Chimonos Revenge

Fortune and Glory Kid
Oct 28, 2015
The Miami game this week would’ve been the game to bring him in. It was a winnable game if the offense could’ve mustered anything.