General Official 2024 NCAA Football Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mas Tisu

Aug 13, 2024
Come on, you have to admire the sturdiness of our women-folk at OU, she walked that right off

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Damnit I'm pointing at the gif, not the comment about sturdy women

Though that part is very relatable

Meohfumado

Nerd of Nerds
Aug 13, 2024

13 retired, and 5 back where it should be.

Rumor is Reggie gonna lead the team out of the tunnel this weekend.

Chilz35

Aug 13, 2024

Not even attempting to throw shade but considering USC's history and lore retiring his jersey seems like a desperation move.

Meohfumado

Nerd of Nerds
Aug 13, 2024
Not even attempting to throw shade but considering USC's history and lore retiring his jersey seems like a desperation move.
All the Heisman winners are retired. I see 32 back up there now too now that he's dead, lol

But they gotta count the Juice, otherwise if they don't recognize it, they are back with those lesser schools that only have 7 Heisman winners.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

They need to return that mans Heisman. College football has been corrupt for decades. Let's stop the charade.

Meohfumado

Nerd of Nerds
Aug 13, 2024
They need to return that mans Heisman. College football has been corrupt for decades. Let's stop the charade.
Heisman was returned, that's why he's back. He didn't want to come back to SC in any capacity until he had it back, and this year thanks to much lobbying by many, including Manziel, he got it back.

Still waiting to get the NC title back tho...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Heisman was returned, that's why he's back. He didn't want to come back to SC in any capacity until he had it back, and this year thanks to much lobbying by many, including Manziel, he got it back.

Still waiting to get the NC title back tho...
That's awesome. Had no idea but good for him.

Chilz35

Aug 13, 2024
All the Heisman winners are retired. I see 32 back up there now too now that he's dead, lol

But they gotta count the Juice, otherwise if they don't recognize it, they are back with those lesser schools that only have 7 Heisman winners.
Considering limited numbers and roster size in college football it surprises me a tad they don't just name a ring of honor instead of retiring numbers. I know UGA said they won't retire numbers anymore because of that. I believe UGA only has 2 maybe 3 retired. I know two of them are 21 and 34.

Meohfumado

Nerd of Nerds
Aug 13, 2024
Considering limited numbers and roster size in college football it surprises me a tad they don't just name a ring of honor instead of retiring numbers. I know UGA said they won't retire numbers anymore because of that. I believe UGA only has 2 maybe 3 retired. I know two of them are 21 and 34.
No doubt, I kinda agree, even though it would be cool to be one of the ones whose number is retired.

SC always doing stupid shit with players on offense and defense with the same number, or guys switching numbers during the game. Add the fact that SC has NEVER had names on the back of the jersey and things sometimes get confusing.

Chilz35

Aug 13, 2024
No doubt, I kinda agree, even though it would be cool to be one of the ones whose number is retired.

SC always doing stupid shit with players on offense and defense with the same number, or guys switching numbers during the game. Add the fact that SC has NEVER had names on the back of the jersey and things sometimes get confusing.
I know the turds from gainesville allow certain special players to wear 11 (Spurrier) and 15 (Tebow)

I believe Herschel gave permission for someone to wear 34 but the university didn't do it.