Sports Official All Things Golf Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
They halted play yesterday due to darkness.

Then this morning it was suspended due to frost. So the 3rd round is set to resume any second now. UPDATE FROM PGA: 11 AM EASTERN (9 AM local).

Even if everything goes smoothly and they don't have any delays from drunken idiots doing sand angels on the golf course, they'll likely still be on the course when the Super Bowl starts.

Time to get the 2nd TV out.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
FYI - I've got Theegala winning.
You can still get him at +320

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It was fun to watch. I was pulling for Hoffman though, cause he’s old. Great event.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It was fun to watch. I was pulling for Hoffman though, cause he’s old. Great event.
It sounds like things might have gotten TOO crazy.

Hospitalizations. Blacked out fans. Golfer harassment. Fights.

They need to find a happy medium. Keep it fun but make sure it isn't a glorified frat party. My guess is they'll introduce some form of drink ticket limit next year. It's a long day so maybe color code them for AM tokens and PM tokens.

You're always gonna have some Chads that have no chill, but this event has turned from a fun golf event with relaxed etiquette to a drunken debauchery that happens to take place on a golf course.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I think my truck is mind-melting with me.

The other day it was unseasonably warm. Like 50 degrees at 6:30 AM.

When I started the truck the map setting popped up with directions to my local golf course instead of work.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So...Scottie Sheffeler got arrested and is still being held? Louisville cops have arrested the #1 golfer in the world for entering the golf course and a "misunderstanding with traffic flow"

Pulled from vehicle. Shoved against his car. Cuffed.

Cop: "Right now, he's going to jail and there isn't a thing you can do about it. Period."

Start times for the 2nd Round have been pushed back due to the incident. He was scheduled to tee off at 8:48 this morning.

What a clusterfuck.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Imaging the hilarity if he actually did wear an orange shirt today. He would make millions of fans instantly.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Apparently there was a fatal accident and Scottie - or his car - drove around a barricade.

Murder someone in The Ville - released.
Drive around a traffic barrell - you're going to jail bucko!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Dan Patrick just now:

You can't stop Scottie.
You can only hope to detain him.