Lifestyle ONE canned or jarred food for one week, no pairings, water only, what would you choose?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Probably Chef Boyardee beef ravioli. Haven't had it in years but used to eat it right out of the can back in college. Could easily do that and water for a week
Lol I remember the days of surviving off chef boyardee and the Walmart version of it when really poor.

Bungee up

Jun 25, 2022
1726298995160.png
Once upon a time this would have been my choice but they've done something along the line . It's pretty average these day's
Used to be my favourite flavour and beans by far.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The no cooking part is dumb I could easily start a fire and or bring a camping grill to the wilderness I do it all the time.
The idea is that you're stranded, not camping.
Like a grid down scenario and the only way to survive is a canned food.
I chose the mountains because at least foraging on berries or wild chutes could supplement.
Another scenario might be a pole shift & you're stuck indoors with no means to cook, or outdoors a with a tarp & shitty weather/no cooking means.

Maybe you should get angry at the poles for shifting or weather for not giving you dry wood.
But Don't get mad at the canned food god.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd have to go with canned chicken or salmon. Next choice would be something like sausage chicken gumbo chunky soup.
Although Nalley or Stagg Chili, or baked beans are tempting, I'm too old for that pain.
Potato ham chowder or chicken corn chowder sound pretty good too.

I think Canned salmon would be my choice as it includes omega 3's & the crunchy cartilage.

Sardines aren't a bad consideration.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I chose the mountains because at least foraging on berries or wild chutes could supplement.
Another scenario might be a pole shift & you're stuck indoors with no means to cook, or outdoors a with a tarp & shitty weather/no cooking means.

Maybe you should get angry at the poles for shifting or weather for not giving you dry wood.
Even stranded I would probably still have a ferro rod and knife I always carry one even in the city. starting a fire would still be possible but I also edc a lighter both an arc lighter and a regular bic.

Last edited:

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Even stranded I would probably probably still have a ferro rod and knife I always carry one even in the city. starting a fire would still be possible but I also edc a lighter both and arc lighter and a regular bic.
I have my mora with built in starter with me at all times

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

aint shit for berries
energy spent gathering eating them would be a net negative

You need some protein and fat or you are wasting your time

I do agree with Jesus, I'm cooking my food if I can make a fire.
I'm that guy.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
There is always dry wood. Then, you make more. At some point I'm using the cans to make tools. Eventually, someone's gonna come sniffing around.

Wiggy

We. Live. In. A. Fucking. Meme.
Oct 23, 2015
If you're going for canned meat, it'd have to be canned tuna in oil. You might get away with canned salmon. Sardines would probably be a bit much.

Canned chicken, canned shrimp, even canned roast beef all taste way better, but are almost exclusively protein with virtually no fat content. For a meal or even a day or two you'd be fine, but you'd essentially be PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) for a week and would end up feeling like hammered ass. You'd about be better off saying forget the food, choosing salt instead of a canned food, and fasting the 7 days, instead.

Otherwise, go with a high protein soup, chili, etc.

Unless you could go with something like a protein powder with a high MCT oil (or whatever fat source) content, or high(-ish) fat jerky, all-meat pemmican, etc.