Out-of-Control Driverless Golf Cart Terrorizes University Campus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Of all the security threats that Loyola University campus police must prepare for, they probably didn't count on an out-of-control driverless golf cart.

Yesterday, a student at the Chicago school recorded the malfunctioning golf cart twirling in circles for three minutes until officers figured out a way to stop it. Joseph Bailey Jr., the junior who recorded this video, said he was leaving chemistry class when he saw the commotion.

"I was like, 'What the heck!' and I look over I see this golf cart doing donuts at full throttle with no one in it," he told DNAInfo, adding that a crowd of 100 people amassed to watch the spectacle.

The two officers appear stumped about how to handle the crazy cart. Finally, one of the guys held it in place while the other jumped in the cart and apparently turned it off. The campus food service provider said the cart belonged to them and that it malfunctioned. To us, it looks like the lil' cart just wanted to have some fun for once.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
LMAO that the fat cop chasing that thing around in circles.

True golf cart story of my own. Probably 7-8 years ago, I had just finished a round with my buddies. I drank probably 8-10 beers during the round and was 1/2 lit. We drove the cart out to the cars to put our clubs away, and I drove it back to the return area. The return area was down this hill with about 20 foot of elevation change. So I gun the cart down this hill and see there is a BMW parked at the bottom and some parking curbs to pull the carts thru, to the wash area. I come ripping down there, yank the cart to the left - barely miss the Beamer - go to shoot thru the parking curbs and just nail one. The impact shot my head and torso thru the windshield (it goes flying into the wash down area), then I fly back into the seat and out the side of the cart. I'm laying there, rolling around in pain...like "WTF!!". I get myself up, look up and the guys working the pro shop are standing inside looking out the window at me, with a look on their face like someone had just been shot to death out there. I dust myself off, look the cart (the front axle was broke in half and dragging the ground). So I just walk back to the car...in pain. I get up there and my buddies say "WTF happened down there?" I say "I totaled that fucking golf cart". They bust out in tears. One says "Damn it sounded like a train wreck from up here...loudest crash I've ever heard."

And here's where it gets even better. Another buddy says "fucking great, my dad's a member here. How am I supposed to explain this shit?" I thought for sure that I would get a bill for the damage, but I never heard a thing about it. I was black & blue from hip bone to hip bone for about 2 weeks after though (from where I hit the steering wheel, when it launched me forward).

Last edited: