General Poisen Ivy is REAL

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Great thread.
Please spell "poison" correctly.
We don't wanna be the target of a whatsapp highlight thread.

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
^^^^^ hahaha. I never could spell for shit. Master logicstan, yes. Spelling? No way LOL.

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Don't play dumb

Get in shower, turn water to hot as you can
Run water on blisters/rash for 30==60 seconds...the itching will go away immediately as you are satisfying the histamine reaction that makes you itch.

Then you get about 8 hours until you have to do it again

Really simple

Report back and thank me later

OK, just got out of a HOT shower a few minutes ago. Feeling pretty good so far, itch factor is not high! In bed, in only my undies. Want pics? Think Sigourney Weaver at the very end of Alien as she is hiding hiding in the space suit about to blast the alien into space...

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
What do you spray it with to kill it?
If you DGAF, RoundUp works great on it.

If you'd rather not fuck with that poison you can boil up like a gallon of water and dissolve about a cup of salt in it. Add about a 1/2 cup of dawn dish soap. You can either pour it directly on the plant while hot or you can let it cool and use a typical pump sprayer. There's a bunch of home-made kitchen mixes for earth-friendly weed kill.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, I meant from the oil on your fingers when you scratch. Then touch other parts of the body.
100%
If you have oil on your fingers you can spread it on yourself and others.

The misconception is scratching the boils and spreading the puss can cause it to spread. The puss in the boils isn't the ivy oil - it's your body's reaction to it.