Society Political Memes - Not a Safe Space

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
And they're still favored to win a majority. British voters must be as stupid as American voters.
Its true I come from a working class town. Most people here voted for Brexit and vote the current government back in. They are brainwashed by the papers, I see them on FB literally parroting the same bollocks they read in the papers.

You can shove all kinds of verified evidence and studies in their face, but they'd rather take the word of Dick McCunt, ace reporter for the Daily Mail.

I don't usually like Jonathan Pie but this video is pretty much spot on.

M

member 3289

Its true I come from a working class town. Most people here voted for Brexit and vote the current government back in. They are brainwashed by the papers, I see them on FB literally parroting the same bollocks they read in the papers.

You can shove all kinds of verified evidence and studies in their face, but they'd rather take the word of Dick McCunt, ace reporter for the Daily Mail.

Are most constituencies in the UK strongly Conservative or strongly Labour? Is the difference based on population density like in the US, where bigger cities tend to vote Democrat (center-left depending on the candidate) and more rural areas tend to vote Republican (right)?

I'm just curious as to how Labour could hope to win a surprise victory at the polls in 4 days.

I'd imagine most of London votes Labour?

M

member 3289

God damn does he nail what Boris Johnson is perfectly.

People can disagree with Corbyn, but at least he is consistent with what he believes.

Boris is just a fucking sleazy opportunist who would change any one of his stances tomorrow if it meant a longer term in office.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
God damn does he nail what Boris Johnson is perfectly.

People can disagree with Corbyn, but at least he is consistent with what he believes.

Boris is just a fucking sleazy opportunist who would change any one of his stances tomorrow if it meant a longer term in office.
There is no democracy in the UK, just an illusion of it. Elections are won by the media, and most of them are right wing and will throw their weight behind whichever party best serves their interest.

Take the antisemitism that the papers keep pushing about Labour. The Conversatives have just suspended 2 MP's and 3 more are under investigation for antisemitism, but do the papers publish that? Do they Fuck. And you have Boris visiting a statue of Nancy Astor who was a Jew hater and Nazi sympathiser, if Corbyn had done that, it would have been on the front page of every Tabloid in the UK for the next week.

Last edited: