General Poor Man's Game: Gold,Silver,Platinum, and Palladium

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I've been meaning to pick up some silver for a while now and I finally got around to it today. Place was charging 31.50/oz... $9 over spot and not even premium metal. They're usually $4 over spot for premium. I passed.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I've been meaning to pick up some silver for a while now and I finally got around to it today. Place was charging 31.50/oz... $9 over spot and not even premium metal. They're usually $4 over spot for premium. I passed.
Damn 9 Over is way to much good move by passing it up.

Some years around Christmas time First Majestic will offer free shipping ...when they do that it's worth buying from them.

I'll post back here if they offer free shipping anytime soon for those interested

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
How much would they buy an ounce of silver from you for?

Can't get shit for spot price.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My LCS has fantastic deals & this is a rare dip-buying opportunity.
Not for everyone, but I personally don't need another coin & only stack kilo's anymore due to cost.
These Germanias that came in from Poland are the best poured kilo stackers I've ever seen, & flying off the shelves. Wrapped in plastic to handle w/o oxidation, they come boxed with a hologram sticker for....hmm...don't like that part anymore than "security feature" holograms etched into gold canadian maples. Reminds me of the "security feature" in blue-band $100 dollar bills; anyone who's ever stacked those knows well of the obvious 3 inlayed who-knows-whats.

Germanias, and their price:

IMG_2932.JPG

Screenshot_20211209-210310_Brave.jpg

With a spot price of $21.98, that works out to $1.83/oz. over spot.
Random kilos @ $1.52/oz. over spot, a far cry from premiums of generic coins let alone AE'S at $9 over spot+.

I'll never do business with First Majestic again, as much as I hold Keith Neumayer & their company model in high regard, as well as their product.
At $6 over spot for coins considered near-generic, that's insane, even with free shipping.
Not to mention shipping delays through customs that take eons.
Their 100 oz. stackers, new, are sharp.
But if there's a dollar collapse with exchange opportunity rather than a smooth transition into digital slavery, I doubt brands will grab the scrambling investors much more than any quality bullion bar.
So just kilos & cost-average on the dips for this guy.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My LCS has fantastic deals & this is a rare dip-buying opportunity.
Not for everyone, but I personally don't need another coin & only stack kilo's anymore due to cost.
These Germanias that came in from Poland are the best poured kilo stackers I've ever seen, & flying off the shelves. Wrapped in plastic to handle w/o oxidation, they come boxed with a hologram sticker for....hmm...don't like that part anymore than "security feature" holograms etched into gold canadian maples. Reminds me of the "security feature" in blue-band $100 dollar bills; anyone who's ever stacked those knows well of the obvious 3 inlayed who-knows-whats.

Germanias, and their price:

View attachment 54578

View attachment 54579

With a spot price of $21.98, that works out to $1.83/oz. over spot.
Random kilos @ $1.52/oz. over spot, a far cry from premiums of generic coins let alone AE'S at $9 over spot+.

I'll never do business with First Majestic again, as much as I hold Keith Neumayer & their company model in high regard, as well as their product.
At $6 over spot for coins considered near-generic, that's insane, even with free shipping.
Not to mention shipping delays through customs that take eons.
Their 100 oz. stackers, new, are sharp.
But if there's a dollar collapse with exchange opportunity rather than a smooth transition into digital slavery, I doubt brands will grab the scrambling investors much more than any quality bullion bar.
So just kilos & cost-average on the dips for this guy.
Those are nice
Certainly a good price

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Palladium has now dipped below Gold - keep an eye on - may want to swap out now.
This is interesting.
How does one play this?
What are the uses for palladium other than catalytic converters which are being sawn-off for meth money, or new catalytic converters and emission-dampening apparatus being phased out by green initiatives?

I can ping test silver or try water displacement on gold. If shtf I can actually use electrolysis on silver and melt gold, but palladium...idk.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Copper and Nickle coming out of the Shadows!
What'd I say about nickel and copper?

And both will triple from here, and aluminum, zinc...all base metals imo.
Copper is inevitable with belt and ro-ad, and nickel with batteries.
Nickel is up 40% since the covid dip.

What this means?

At 25% nickel and 75% copper, nickels are now worth more for metal than the USD.

$1 in nickels is worth $1.30 in metal; $0.74.4/cu, $0.55.2/Ni by weight @ current spot.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Feds raising rates to combat inflation leading to a Great Recession? Ooooo yeah!

Precious metals about to take a dive - gonna sell some coin - Cash is King right now ...will come back to buy later as long as there is still. Physical supply.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Feds raising rates to combat inflation leading to a Great Recession? Ooooo yeah!

Precious metals about to take a dive - gonna sell some coin - Cash is King right now ...will come back to buy later as long as there is still. Physical supply.
Or give palladium another go as it's back tied with gold.
Silver will dip more I think, maybe to 19?

Since April 18th it's dipped during U.S. spot market, raised a little during Asian market and LBMA open, and back all the way down.
Same pattern every single day.
Only as the dollar is propped up to nearly $105 against other basket fiats.
Milkshake theory, everyone runs to dollar-based debts(USD), dollar goes up, metal goes down.
The thing is....there's not enough people selling to cover the demand, imo.

March 2020 and prior, premiums on AE's were $1, now those premiums are $10+, and $4+ on GENERIC oz.
I called my LCS yesterday and today... no kilos, zip, zilch. At least 10 days out.

I'd like to believe the smart folks are gonna ride the meltup with ag stocks(I'm going marathon oil and DVN), make fiat, and already have their orders in week-by-week to ensure p/u or delivery.

PM's are the only commodity seemingly not tracking with inflation, so either it's a psyche job, or the mark of the beast and/or war will make them irrelevant, and they yank them outta teeth ala Auschwitz.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Was nice. I was proud of my stash. I hunted it down myself.

??
That sounds interesting
Would love to hear about it

I was set to do some gold mining on a 1oz per day dredge 2 man operation
Claim owner had back surgery, and still recovering so crossing my fingers