post a pic of your current view

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Bought a new/er truck.

I've had my '06 F250 6.8l V10 king ranch for over 6 years. It served me well but issues were rising. I got a good trade in value, selling privately is a pain in the ass I dont care to deal with.

First time I've ever financed a vehicle and although I'm buying it through my company i couldn't believe how stressful it was for me.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
That was a wicked fucking storm last night. No reported touchdowns around me, but it got nasty out.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
is that near your house?
I love open fields
It depends what you consider near. The first pic is about 9 miles from my house, the second is down the road fom it about a quarter mile. For weed abatement both will need to be mowed in another month or two due to fire risk. We've had quite a bit of rain this year, spread out over several months. When that happens it is called a "super bloom" because of all the wild flowers both coastal and in the desert that bloom in vast numbers. The downside is it brings a migration of TONS of butterflies to the area, which really fucks up growing outdoor devils lettuce (caterpillars). The butterflies yesterday and today could be seen by the Hu dreds or even thousands from any given location (not over a period of time, but just looking out a window briefly).

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The overgrowth in my yard from all the rain has grown the weeds up pretty high and covered a bunch of my paths (stone steps and railroad ties). I was calling one of my dogs last week and he wasn't coming in, so I walked outside to get him. The little bastard found a way around the overgrowth and was getting a suntan thinking he wouldn't be found. When I spotted him he was basically daring me to come and get him since in his mind there was no easy path (overgrowth at some points were 4'). It made me laugh so I grabbed my shitty phone and zoomed in as much as I could to take a pic before just walking straight through it to get him to come in the house. He was blown away that he didn't have the barrier he thought, lol. shitty pic due to the zoom, but still funny looking at him enjoying the sun and thinking he's untouchable.

Had the gardeners weed wack that shit a few days later. who's laughing now?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The overgrowth in my yard from all the rain has grown the weeds up pretty high and covered a bunch of my paths (stone steps and railroad ties). I was calling one of my dogs last week and he wasn't coming in, so I walked outside to get him. The little bastard found a way around the overgrowth and was getting a suntan thinking he wouldn't be found. When I spotted him he was basically daring me to come and get him since in his mind there was no easy path (overgrowth at some points were 4'). It made me laugh so I grabbed my shitty phone and zoomed in as much as I could to take a pic before just walking straight through it to get him to come in the house. He was blown away that he didn't have the barrier he thought, lol. shitty pic due to the zoom, but still funny looking at him enjoying the sun and thinking he's untouchable.

Had the gardeners weed wack that shit a few days later. who's laughing now?
LOLl
love the story and picture

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It depends what you consider near. The first pic is about 9 miles from my house, the second is down the road fom it about a quarter mile. For weed abatement both will need to be mowed in another month or two due to fire risk. We've had quite a bit of rain this year, spread out over several months. When that happens it is called a "super bloom" because of all the wild flowers both coastal and in the desert that bloom in vast numbers. The downside is it brings a migration of TONS of butterflies to the area, which really fucks up growing outdoor devils lettuce (caterpillars). The butterflies yesterday and today could be seen by the Hu dreds or even thousands from any given location (not over a period of time, but just looking out a window briefly).
Cool
I would love to see some of the Deserts get that crazy bloom also

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
There’s a reason why they’re deserts.
Yes sir...I have camped and hiked in many western deserts and on big rain years dormant plants and flowers have amazing and quick lived blooms and it transforms what is normally a desert into a rich wildlife environment...That is how the western US deserts work

Flooding Creates a 10-Mile-Long Lake in Death Valley
The rare ephemeral lake was caused when the compacted, dry desert soil wasn’t able to absorb the .87 inches of rain that recently fell on the national park

(Elliot McGucken, www.mcgucken.com)

It can be rather amazing

Read more: Flooding Creates a 10-Mile-Long Lake in Death Valley | Smart News | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter