post a pic of your current view

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Away for the weekend with 8 friends. Supposed to be a dozen of us, but one couple got isolated. Hired a house in the country for my birthday.

View from my bed:
20220319_093534.jpg

View from the deck outside:
20220319_093355.jpg

20220319_104824.jpg

Not the best day and it's the end of summer so in another month everything will be green, but still not bad.

Partial view from living room bay window:
20220319_094533.jpg

And we're in rural New Zealand, so of course there's a few random sheep hanging around outside the window:
20220319_094450.jpg

??

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Nice. Gonna hit up Rushmore? And Devil's Tower? If I remember correctly those are both pretty close by.
We would've but there was a blizzard.
Went to Wall drugs & Badlands instead.
Then Sioux Falls, Sioux City, Omaha & now Kansas City. Probably gonna go find Patrick Mahomes & congratulate him before heading out to the Ozarks tomorrow, then over to Kentucky to mow Wild @Wild lawn.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Be honest. How many times have people assumed you were American since you moved to NZ?
Good question. I would say, since I've been here, roughly 100 people have asked if I was from 'x'
94% have asked if I'm from America.
5% have asked if I'm from Ireland. Wtf?
1% that's one. One person has asked if I'm from Canada.

My go to, when someone asks if I'm American, is "are you Australian?"
Kiwis love it when you calle them aussie's!

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Good question. I would say, since I've been here, roughly 100 people have asked if I was from 'x'
94% have asked if I'm from America.
5% have asked if I'm from Ireland. Wtf?
1% that's one. One person has asked if I'm from Canada.
I'm generally alright with picking Canadian accents, because I have a couple of Canadian friends so I've heard their accents a lot. Although I'll generally ask if you're from Canadia.

My go to, when someone asks if I'm American, is "are you Australian?"
Kiwis love it when you calle them aussie's!
I fucking love it the three or four times someone's done that to me trying to be a smartass, and I get to look all smug and say "yeah mate".

??

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm generally alright with picking Canadian accents, because I have a couple of Canadian friends so I've heard their accents a lot. Although I'll generally ask if you're from Canadia.

I fucking love it the three or four times someone's done that to me trying to be a smartass, and I get to look all smug and say "yeah mate".

??
There's a large population of kiwis & aussie's that work on the slopes, back home. Could always tell how annoyed that they'd get when someone would assume their nationality.