post a pic of your current view

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

Rambla

Posting Machine
Nov 17, 2015
Or Suomi, I should say. :smile:

I've never been, but I had a Finnish missus for two years. From Turku. She was a weird one. Not much for small talk, shall we say. Your photos look a lot like the ones all over her friend's Facebooks. ?

??
We call Turku "the asshole of Finland". That might explain it, haha! Just kidding... We're just weird people... Honest hard workers, but people are crazy, haha!

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
We call Turku "the asshole of Finland". That might explain it, haha! Just kidding... We're just weird people... Honest hard workers, but people are crazy, haha!
Yeah man, she met up with a few travelling Finns during her time here, and you guys are weird. :smile: Especially when compared to Aussies, who are very open and friendly and will talk your ear off about just about anything.

All my friends were very uncomfortable around her because she was so strange and she made absolutely no effort to get to know them. But for some reason, the two of us communicated well.

She was REALLY blonde too, and it used to crack me up because for about half an hour in the late afternoon in summer, the setting sun would turn her eyebrows transparent. As in, they would completely disappear off of her face, and all of a sudden she had no eyebrows at all. She was pretty, but for that half hour I could barely stand to look at her, and I was quite open about why. :smile:

Having said that, at the same time of day the sun would turn my brown beard a bright, blazing shade of red, so I had limited grounds to make fun of her.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
You get the Northern lights up there? It looks like you're in the far north? Sanna used to tell me that the northern lights are spectacular all over Finland, but I'm pretty sure she was full of shit. Like I was when I told her that all the dirt in the Australian outback is magnetic because of all the metals out there, so you can't really wear watches in the outback because they're always covered in magnetic dirt.

Actually I really used to enjoy telling her all sorts of bullshit about Australia that I made up on the spot and that she had no way to verify, having never been and not knowing any Aussies except for me.

??

Rambla

Posting Machine
Nov 17, 2015
No mate, i'm from the south (Helsinki) and these pictures are from our cottage 40km away from home. Up north they have those awesome northern light's, but here in south not that much. Sometimes, if we get lucky.
IMG_20210625_233716.jpgThis is just now, bit past midnight. Upper (north) you go, better it gets...

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
You get the Northern lights up there? It looks like you're in the far north? Sanna used to tell me that the northern lights are spectacular all over Finland, but I'm pretty sure she was full of shit. Like I was when I told her that all the dirt in the Australian outback is magnetic because of all the metals out there, so you can't really wear watches in the outback because they're always covered in magnetic dirt.

Actually I really used to enjoy telling her all sorts of bullshit about Australia that I made up on the spot and that she had no way to verify, having never been and not knowing any Aussies except for me.

??
We used to get the northern lights doing a spectacular show where I grew up in Northern BC. Never gets old and always amazes me.

We also used to get some wild lightening storms, would light up the whole sky.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
We used to get the northern lights doing a spectacular show where I grew up in Northern BC. Never gets old and always amazes me.

We also used to get some wild lightening storms, would light up the whole sky.
Ah, that's one thing I miss here in NZ. You get hardly any lightning here, and it's always just minimal-level lightning, and people here act like it's amazing. You don't even smell the ozone.

And that's one thing that's on my bucket list, is to see the auroras in the far north. Either in Canada or Scandinavia. Missus is hellbent on it too, so hopefully it'll happen after we pay for a wedding and a house deposit.

??

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
No mate, i'm from the south (Helsinki) and these pictures are from our cottage 40km away from home. Up north they have those awesome northern light's, but here in south not that much. Sometimes, if we get lucky.
View attachment 39679This is just now, bit past midnight. Upper (north) you go, better it gets...
So I'm guessing you have some awesome blinds on your windows?