IMG/GIF Post pic of what you're doing right now and a short description

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Okay, these pics are actually from last week when I created the thread in question on the screen..........but I was right back there today doing the same for a couple of hours so I figure I can use these pics.

Side note..........that orange tube is the same one I had posted in a thread with a picture of me working as a tree brusher up in the mountains about 18 years ago. It has been holding my fatties in safe keeping for over 20 years now.

^ I know, I'm getting off topic now. One time about 20 years ago before I moved out west I was flying out from Toronto and I had this tube with a stinky roach and a lighter in it, and I forgot it was in my bag because i was high as fuck and failed to leave it in my buddies car when he dropped me off at the airport. Upon checking in and passing through security the guard pulled it out of my bag and holding it up asked "What's this?"

I was soooo stupid to be caught in that position as I was on parole at the time, I said "It's a tube."

He asked "What is it used for?"

Just waiting for the inevitable doom I tried to keep calm. "Ah, loose change, cigarettes, lighter, things I don't want to get wet when I'm at the beach." This was in March and I'm flying domestically in Canada............fuck am I saying "beach" for?

"Okay," he said, and he packed it back into my bag without bothering to screw the lid off the tube. That thing was fucking stinky too.......I suspect he knew, he had to know, but he didn't want to fuck up my day (life). I pray good things for that man! Actually, I don't pray at all, but I wish him well!

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Okay, these pics are actually from last week when I created the thread in question on the screen..........but I was right back there today doing the same for a couple of hours so I figure I can use these pics.

Side note..........that orange tube is the same one I had posted in a thread with a picture of me working as a tree brusher up in the mountains about 18 years ago. It has been holding my fatties in safe keeping for over 20 years now.

^ I know, I'm getting off topic now. One time about 20 years ago before I moved out west I was flying out from Toronto and I had this tube with a stinky roach and a lighter in it, and I forgot it was in my bag because i was high as fuck and failed to leave it in my buddies car when he dropped me off at the airport. Upon checking in and passing through security the guard pulled it out of my bag and holding it up asked "What's this?"

I was soooo stupid to be caught in that position as I was on parole at the time, I said "It's a tube."

He asked "What is it used for?"

Just waiting for the inevitable doom I tried to keep calm. "Ah, loose change, cigarettes, lighter, things I don't want to get wet when I'm at the beach." This was in March and I'm flying domestically in Canada............fuck am I saying "beach" for?

"Okay," he said, and he packed it back into my bag without bothering to screw the lid off the tube. That thing was fucking stinky too.......I suspect he knew, he had to know, but he didn't want to fuck up my day (life). I pray good things for that man! Actually, I don't pray at all, but I wish him well!
Slednecks!? I got the first 4 DVDs back in the day. Amazing vids, soundtracks. Kinda lost track of getting anymore. I haven't a clue if that's still going. Yeah them videos were viewed over and over. The one where they go to Sweden and Sonne is playing..oh man so good.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Slednecks!? I got the first 4 DVDs back in the day. Amazing vids, soundtracks. Kinda lost track of getting anymore. I haven't a clue if that's still going. Yeah them videos were viewed over and over. The one where they go to Sweden and Sonne is playing..oh man so good.
Isn't that something. Just so happens that I manage sales for Slednecks for all of Canada, lol! As it is still the down season I don't have much on hand, but when I get some of the newest DVD's in a couple weeks i'll send one over if you like.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Isn't that something. Just so happens that I manage sales for Slednecks for all of Canada, lol! As it is still the down season I don't have much on hand, but when I get some of the newest DVD's in a couple weeks i'll send one over if you like.
You gotta be kidding me! How the hell do you keep getting cooler? Yes, please keep me in the loop. I'm off to Google to see what the hell I've been missing. I don't sled anymore so I haven't heard what the kids have been talking about in quite some time.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You gotta be kidding me! How the hell do you keep getting cooler? Yes, please keep me in the loop. I'm off to Google to see what the hell I've been missing. I don't sled anymore so I haven't heard what the kids have been talking about in quite some time.
Want to know an embarrassing little secret? I don't even ride a sled, lol! Okay, here's how it all came about.......

I was working at the local saw mill back in 2007 here in little old Slocan. I came home bitchy about it one day and my wife who was a career counsellor at the time said "Well, if you could do anything, what would you be doing?"

Normally I would blow her right off with a question like that, but she caught me on the right day. I was tired and relaxed enough to put a little bit of thought to her inquiry and I said, "If I could be doing anything it would be something to do with the fight business." As a huge boxing fan and having spent time bouncing around various gyms when I was younger I was well aware that running a club is far from a thriving business. I said that I have been paying attention to this UFC thing lately and I couldn't help but notice that the fighters would wear these different styles of tees into the cage, as opposed to boxers who wear the robe. I figured someone had to be buying this shit somewhere.

She told me to make some calls, ask some questions. Well one thing quickly lead to another and next thing I knew three months later I was repping for Throwdown in BC. Never having worked in apparel before, and with limited sales experience I went on the road and hit up various stores showing samples, opening up several accounts the old fashion way. The distribution company I was working for was so impressed they threw me a big fat bone and gave me Metal Mulisha for western Canada, and that's where i made some great money.

At one point I was managing sales for UFC apparel for most of Canada and being flown to Montreal for events, sat down in $630.00 seats and being put up at The Sheridan across the road from the Bell Center, as well as being ushered under the velvet ropes outside of clubs and hustled into VIP parties with the fighters. It was all pretty fucking surreal bud. Anyhow, brands come and go with distribution companies for various reasons, but for a few years there I had the opportunity to work with some good ones, Throwdown, Mulisha, UFC, Triumph United, Nitro Circus, Unit, and many more. Today I am on my own, no longer with that distribution company but still working with Slednecks after 5 years.

I don't ride motocross or sleds but I have worked with some great brands in both sports. However, it all came to me through my love of the fights. It was kind of like one of those 'laws of attraction' scenarios. The guys I worked with at the mill couldn't fucking believe it that 8 months after telling them I was going to quit the mill and try to make a run at it in the fight brands apparel business that I was showing them pictures of Dan Henderson partying with me in Montreal, lol!

Anyhow, that's the shortest version of the story that I could type out.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Want to know an embarrassing little secret? I don't even ride a sled, lol! Okay, here's how it all came about.......

I was working at the local saw mill back in 2007 here in little old Slocan. I came home bitchy about it one day and my wife who was a career counsellor at the time said "Well, if you could do anything, what would you be doing?"

Normally I would blow her right off with a question like that, but she caught me on the right day. I was tired and relaxed enough to put a little bit of thought to her inquiry and I said, "If I could be doing anything it would be something to do with the fight business." As a huge boxing fan and having spent time bouncing around various gyms when I was younger I was well aware that running a club is far from a thriving business. I said that I have been paying attention to this UFC thing lately and I couldn't help but notice that the fighters would wear these different styles of tees into the cage, as opposed to boxers who wear the robe. I figured someone had to be buying this shit somewhere.

She told me to make some calls, ask some questions. Well one thing quickly lead to another and next thing I knew three months later I was repping for Throwdown in BC. Never having worked in apparel before, and with limited sales experience I went on the road and hit up various stores showing samples, opening up several accounts the old fashion way. The distribution company I was working for was so impressed they threw me a big fat bone and gave me Metal Mulisha for western Canada, and that's where i made some great money.

At one point I was managing sales for UFC apparel for most of Canada and being flown to Montreal for events, sat down in $630.00 seats and being put up at The Sheridan across the road from the Bell Center, as well as being ushered under the velvet ropes outside of clubs and hustled into VIP parties with the fighters. It was all pretty fucking surreal bud. Anyhow, brands come and go with distribution companies for various reasons, but for a few years there I had the opportunity to work with some good ones, Throwdown, Mulisha, UFC, Triumph United, Nitro Circus, Unit, and many more. Today I am on my own, no longer with that distribution company but still working with Slednecks after 5 years.

I don't ride motocross or sleds but I have worked with some great brands in both sports. However, it all came to me through my love of the fights. It was kind of like one of those 'laws of attraction' scenarios. The guys I worked with at the mill couldn't fucking believe it that 8 months after telling them I was going to quit the mill and try to make a run at it in the fight brands apparel business that I was showing them pictures of Dan Henderson partying with me in Montreal, lol!

Anyhow, that's the shortest version of the story that I could type out.
Good stuff man.
There's a guy named Deegan with Medal Mulisha. He and his friends must have caught some early Ufcs. They would beat each other up in a garage filming it.

MTV totally ripped off the Slednecks brand name. It was at the top of my search and I was like wtf is this?lol

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Good stuff man.
There's a guy named Deegan with Medal Mulisha. He and his friends must have caught some early Ufcs. They would beat each other up in a garage filming it.

MTV totally ripped off the Slednecks brand name. It was at the top of my search and I was like wtf is this?lol
I know who Brian Deegan is, he's a dick! There were some cool guys with Mulisha back in the day but he got a little high and mighty and chased a few of them off, name Jeremy 'Twitch' Stenberg, who was cool as fuck! Anyhow, I don't want to highjack this thread any further but in response to your comment, yes, Deegan trained..........actually, he trained with Dan Henderson for a bit at one point, I know that. Larry Linkogle was a part of the fighting scene as well, more underground I think..........and him and Deegan couldn't stand each other for some time. One of the Canadian UFC fighters who I came to know quite well personally, Jason MacDonald from Red Deer was a long time Metal Mulisha fighter along with Babalu before they developed an actual team like they have today.

My buddy has a photo of Brian Deegan doing the 'Heil Hitler' salute on top of a dirt mound from back in the days before he took up the born again christian act. There were a couple times he wanted to use it against him but opted not to for fear of reprisals from lawyers or something.

As for the MTV Slednecks show, they were granted permission by Slednecks to use the name. A business move that was thought to be a marketing boost at the time but turned into a shit show. I was pumping it up in my email campaigns to accounts across Canada for months before it began, then when I saw what it turned out to be I shut the fuck up and never mentioned it again, lol!

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Waterfall

A hotspring into the river.

A massive blue sulphuric hotspring Lake.

And 3 shots from Mammoth hot springs.

Kicking it at the hotel now watching the Dark Knight.
Back to Seattle tomorrow, wrapping up my 3000 mile 2-week roadtrip.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I miss this thread. Took some snaps on my way home from town. Nice fall day outside. These are Minnesota clouds.

Pics are huge for some reason. Couple more on the way home.

Show me whatchu got!

Attachments