Race discussion with Big.Thirsty

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016
I think the physical attributes of what we call race are too arbitrary
I agree when 'we' means society in general, I disagree when its geneticists or forensic anthropologists doing it.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I think it is both, and they are two different things.
So Andaman Islanders who are classed by anthropologists (Social scientists sometimes playing at biology) as "negritos" are found by geneticists to be closely related to South Asians and not the sub saharan African are which "race" caucasian or Negro? again they dont share any genetic markers with Africans except the same ones we all do including Scots yet the share YDNA and MTDNA with Southern Indians/South Asians

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
So Andaman Islanders who are classed by anthropologists (Social scientists sometimes playing at biology) as "negritos" are found by geneticists to be closely related to South Asians and not the sub saharan African are which "race" caucasian or Negro? again they dont share any genetic markers with Africans except the same ones we all do including Scots yet the share YDNA and MTDNA with Southern Indians/South Asians
man really seems fairly arbitrary

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I agree when 'we' means society in general, I disagree when its geneticists or forensic anthropologists doing it.
Forensic Anthropologists are like the janitors who call themselves "engineers" of the science world, they complete a course which requires no math/science to gain entry, podiatrists who insist on being called "Doctor"

"Individuals looking to become forensic anthropologists first obtain a bachelor's degree in anthropology from an accredited university. During their studies they should focus on physical anthropology as well as osteology. In addition it is recommended that individuals take courses in a wide range of sciences such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, and genetics.[49]

Once undergraduate education is completed the individual should proceed to graduate level courses. Typically, forensic anthropologists obtain doctorates in physical anthropology and have completed coursework in osteology, forensics, and archaeology. It is also recommended that individuals looking to pursue a forensic anthropology profession get experience in dissection usually through a gross anatomy class as well as useful internships with investigative agencies or practicing anthropologists.[1] Once educational requirements are complete one can become certified by the forensic anthropology society in the region. This can include the IALM exam given by the Forensic Anthropology Society of Europe[50] or the certification exam given by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology.[51]

Typically, most forensic anthropologists perform forensic casework on a part-time basis, however there are individuals who work in the field full-time usually with federal or international agencies. Forensic anthropologists are usually employed in academia either at a university or a research facility"

Many moons ago these guys could tell if someone is a criminal by the shape of their skull lol

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
I like you man, we are homies, but you are a fuckin troll, lol, I can't convert to serious mode with you, lol.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
man really seems fairly arbitrary
My point is that to anyone who cant read genetic code (?) these folk look like what is are considered "negros or blacks" but genetically speaking they arent related to them much like the Melanesians of the South Pacific (see Pic below)

Not black, not genetically related to Africans^^^^

I wonder if the KKK would have lynched him or leave him be on further inquiry, "He sure looks black to me grand wizard"

Not calling anyone here racist just trying to be morbidly funny.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
My point is that to anyone who cant read genetic code (?) these folk look like what is are considered "negros or blacks" but genetically speaking they arent related to them much like the Melanesians of the South Pacific (see Pic below)

Not black, not genetically related to Africans^^^^

I wonder if the KKK would have lynched him or leave him be on further inquiry, "He sure looks black to me grand wizard"

Not calling anyone here racist just trying to be morbidly funny.
no need to defend yourself man. I was with you and leigh on that side of the debate

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Did we finally settle the great race debate of 2016?

gotta be honest I'm a little sad to see this thread die

also happy to know there are other fuckers out there as stubborn as I am
Yes. Summary on page 29

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I get it. Those Chinese people look different. Africans have dark skin, whereas Europeans have fair skin. Intuitively they must be separate, right?

But they're not and that has been demonstrated. It's no longer stubbornness, it's willful ignorance; defiance in the face of logic.

But you're smarter than this so I must assume you are now trolling.
I hate to keep this thread going, but you keep focusing on outward appearance while ignoring the points I made about the brain and immune system.

Is language not a physical science as studied in neurolinguistics? And if so, why is that not enough to qualify as a biological separation of people?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I hate to keep this thread going, but you keep focusing on outward appearance
You already said this and I explained I was responding to YOUR comments based on appearance.

while ignoring the points I made about the brain and immune system.
No, I addressed them. I asked if the immune system differences were exclusive to the "race" and prevalent in every member. You ignored my question.

Is language not a physical science as studied in neurolinguistics? And if so, why is that not enough to qualify as a biological separation of people?
People of different races can learn the same language.

You're like 0-7 in this thread and have resorted to repeating yourself. It's sad.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
^^^^^^^^I told all of you, but you didn't listen.....he's pissed off, you're all in deep trouble now

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
I asked if the immune system differences were exclusive to the "race" and prevalent in every member.
Still hilarious you hold biological race classification to a 100% statistical standard.

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
Hilarious that a definition should be definitive? I fail to see the humour.
No, hilarious that you are pretending to not know that exceptions are expected (for various reasons, not the least of which is boats)...

you are requesting identification of biological traits 100% exclusive to 100% of members of a certain race

Exception that proves the rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cnidaria is a phylum of animals including jellyfish, corals, and sea anemones. The rule is that all cnidarians, and only cnidarians, have specialized harpoon cells called cnidocytes, which they often use to capture and/or inject venom into prey. There is one exception to this rule. Some species of sea slugs of the nudibranch group have tentacles containing cnidocytes, even though the slugs aren't cnidarians. But it turns out that the slug eats jellyfish and passes the jellyfish's commandeered weapons, intact and still working, into its own tentacles. So examining the only known exception really proved the original rule valid after all.

Suggested reading:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
No, hilarious that you are pretending to not know that exceptions are expected (for various reasons, not the least of which is boats)...

you are requesting identification of biological traits 100% exclusive to 100% of members of a certain race

Exception that proves the rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cnidaria is a phylum of animals including jellyfish, corals, and sea anemones. The rule is that all cnidarians, and only cnidarians, have specialized harpoon cells called cnidocytes, which they often use to capture and/or inject venom into prey. There is one exception to this rule. Some species of sea slugs of the nudibranch group have tentacles containing cnidocytes, even though the slugs aren't cnidarians. But it turns out that the slug eats jellyfish and passes the jellyfish's commandeered weapons, intact and still working, into its own tentacles. So examining the only known exception really proved the original rule valid after all.

Suggested reading:

What percentage variation do you think is acceptable?

Let's say you list the definitive traits for a race (which I'd like to note you have NOT). You feel that some members of that race may not display those traits. So how would you identify which race they belong to, if you found that person in isolation?