Raw is... whatever

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
So Asuka wins Sunday, yeah?

Her vs Naomi at Mania? Or can Kairi Sane debut. Thatd be a thousand times more fun

Edit: Oh durr, Ember Moon?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
So Asuka wins Sunday, yeah?

Her vs Naomi at Mania? Or can Kairi Sane debut. Thatd be a thousand times more fun

Edit: Oh durr, Ember Moon?
I have no idea how they plan on getting to RR, Becky & Charlotte

i just hope its not stupid, but I don't have faith

also, Sasha is killing it lately

Shame she will be left out & most likely a tag team with Bayley

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
I have no idea how they plan on getting to RR, Becky & Charlotte

i just hope its not stupid, but I don't have faith

also, Sasha is killing it lately

Shame she will be left out & most likely a tag team with Bayley
You are very negative.

I think thats good you don’t know. Thats what they want. Probably didn’t even want anyone to know the initial Ronda vs Becky vs Flair idea. To discredit them completely is a bit unfair. What they have done so far has been very entertaining.

Sasha and Bayley can at least give a good name to the initial winners of the tag belts, or help put Riott Squad over. On top of that, they have been viewed as a tag team, I would like a tag team to win the belts.

4H vs 4H already have their spots sealed whenever that comes around.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
No, I'm realistic
Way more times than not VKM fucks up creative
there is a reason ratings are lowest in 20 years & house shows are starting to lose money

None of that is on me lol
I am aware none of that is on you, but you also have to admit you aren’t giving them much credit, for a storyline they are actively doing well.

I am also not talking about numbers, I am talking about the points you addressed. Sasha in tag dovision/ Becky vs Flair vs Ronda

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I am aware none of that is on you, but you also have to admit you aren’t giving them much credit, for a storyline they are actively doing well.

I am also not talking about numbers, I am talking about the points you addressed. Sasha in tag dovision/ Becky vs Flair vs Ronda
Yes I am not giving them credit for something I haven't seen yet (the story completion)
I explained why

The only reason the RR/Becky/CF story is half decent now is due to Becky.

also Sasha told E&C that she went to Vince & told him to please let her do her own promos against RR, because what he gave her was not good.

So the two best things in WWE recently (Sasha & Becky) were people going against Vince & his writing team
So ... no I have no faith in someone who has a bad track record

Also you can't push the numbers aside.
It shows how bad creative is

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
Yes I am not giving them credit for something I haven't seen yet (the story completion)
I explained why

The only reason the RR/Becky/CF story is half decent now is due to Becky.

also Sasha told E&C that she went to Vince & told him to please let her do her own promos against RR, because what he gave her was not good.

So the two best things in WWE recently (Sasha & Becky) were people going against Vince & his writing team
So ... no I have no faith in someone who has a bad track record

Also you can't push the numbers aside.
It shows how bad creative is
Great. They let them do their own promos. Thts a good thing, no? We like NjPW because they let them do their own stuff. Baby steps. Yeah its not immediate, should have never been scripted, but at least they are changing.

Perhaps they see how good this is doing, and they start letting more and more people do their own. Mustafa Ali had a great promo earlier tonight. I am sure the ratings werent good for it, but it was good.

“I am not giving them credit for something I havent seen yet”.

I haven’t seen it either, yet I am openly happy to say, thus far, they are doing great. Hell, perhaps Flair wins at Mania and I hate it, or like it depending. At this current moment in time, I am satisfied with whats happening. Giving them credit. Just like I was liking Kenny and Tanahashi, despite yet having seen Wrestle Kingdom at the time.

Finally, to the ratings and success of creative. WCW had a PPV called Starcade 97. Business wise, what a successful by numbers PPV. Yet, the show sucked. Why? Well besides creatively, majority of nWo won when it was basically supposed to be a WCW redemption night, the main event had a horrible main event with a confusing finish.

Numbers in wrestling do reflect the success, yet we should view this all with context to what is actually happening. I think you and I had another instance with the ratings discussion in regards to Brock. I can’t pinpoint when it happened, this is from memory. Numbers wise, was great for ratings. Execution wise, it was terrible. That just means a ton of people watched a horrible segment. Cien and Rey are putting on a good match as a type this. I am not sure what the numbers are, obviously. But I would hope news of their other great matches helped this one viewerwise.

A certain point in Death of WCW, great book, points out when a company is doing great, they can do no wrong. They can give you shit, yet business will be good. If a company is doing bad, they can do no right. They can give you something good, and business won’t change. It is sometimes something catches lightening again and it all comes back.

Long post, apologies for that.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
No need to apologize for that

Most of what you posted had nothing to do with our convo though, but it was a fun read lol

On the contrary, it was on topic.

Was stating how its a good thing WWE approved Sasha cutting her own promos, relating it to other organizations letting their wrestlers cut their own promos. Which you still haven’t explained why “Sasha being stuck in a tag team division” is a bad thing.

The ratings ramble was on topic. You brought up them being a sign how creative has screwed up under Vinney. I said thats not the point in an actively good storyline. You said I can’t just push the numbers to the side. I gave you two examples how ratings don’t reflect what we are getting. Do they reflect past mistakes. Most certainly. Does it reflect what we are currently getting. Not necessarily.

I am willing to agree to disagree, that is very much fine. However, saying it was not what we were talking about is a bit silly.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
On the contrary, it was on topic.

Was stating how its a good thing WWE approved Sasha cutting her own promos, relating it to other organizations letting their wrestlers cut their own promos. Which you still haven’t explained why “Sasha being stuck in a tag team division” is a bad thing.

The ratings ramble was on topic. You brought up them being a sign how creative has screwed up under Vinney. I said thats not the point in an actively good storyline. You said I can’t just push the numbers to the side. I gave you two examples how ratings don’t reflect what we are getting. Do they reflect past mistakes. Most certainly. Does it reflect what we are currently getting. Not necessarily.

I am willing to agree to disagree, that is very much fine. However, saying it was not what we were talking about is a bit silly.
You are all over the place
I have no desire to counterpoint things I don't care to discuss just because you go on a diatribe