RIP to the GOAT - Muhammad Ali

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
RIP to one of the greatest symbols of resistance to power and aggression and one of the greatest combat sports athletes we had in the twentieth century.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
ah sorry, I bumped the older thread

and R.I.P .... keep welling up, hate myself :(

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlB-NRQv3OY

There's a small bit of peace found between Frazier and Ali during this time. Just neat watching those three have fun with each other in their later years. And Ali lets the guard down to be humble about his own views of himself.

I think it was Floyd Patterson that said, "People got so much hate, they hire prize fighters to do their hating for them".

I hate that the rift between these two was obviously exacerbated by the external forces. And its a shame there wasn't some overt peace made. But it still is a neat moment outside the ring.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Was just reading twitter reactions to his passing. Amazing how people that were inspired by him misspelled his name.

Last edited:

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

View: https://youtu.be/F30t-weDqko

Teared up watching this. I always thought one day I'd get the chance to shake his hand and tell him how much his words and his fights have meant to me. If any fighter ever fit the tagline of 'once in human history', it was this man. 'His hands can't hit what his eyes can't see. Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee'.

RIP champ. You earned it.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
hearing this has cheered me up a bit

and R.I.P to Nate Dogg to of course.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
RIP "The Greatest".

the man embodied what I understand by "life". he did it all and did it on his terms and it seemed that he understood from his young days how special he was. one of a kind, there won't be anyone like Ali no more.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I was completely and pleasantly surprised by what the UFC put up for a tribute to Ali on such short notice!
Blown away.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Just gonna repost my Facebook post:

Not sure what words to even write here. I didn't even grow up watching him fight yet I feel his influence. He set the standard for all combat sports athletes when it came not only to winning big fights, but promoting his own fights.

Who could forget when he punched the toy gorilla in that press conference to get under Joe Frazier's skin? Ali would have you whooped before you even stepped in the ring with him. Let's not forget how brave he was, doing all this while his own country wasn't sure if they should accept him or not. A pioneer, a trailblazer and a legend. He shook up the world! RUMBLE, YOUNG MAN, RUMBLE! AAGGHHHH!

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
wasn't the gorilla thing considered racist at the time?

R.I.P but even the boxing pundits honoring him mentioned his darker side

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
wasn't the gorilla thing considered racist at the time?

R.I.P but even the boxing pundits honoring him mentioned his darker side
If it was, it was just as funny then as it is today. Muhammad Ali gave zero fucks about offending people.