Rousey: "People are going to miss me when I'm gone"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Few athletes in mixed martial arts will ever experience a ride quite like the oneRonda Rousey is enjoying. Within a span of five years, Rousey has risen from relative obscurity to genuine international superstardom, paving the way for women to fight in the UFC while improbably becoming the highest-grossing draw in an otherwise male-dominated sport.

"I don't even think I'm going to know what is going on right now or realize what is going on right now until afterward, until it's all done," Rousey reflected Monday on the Joe Rogan podcast.

"I could just try to do the best that I can in the moment, but I don't really think that any of us really comprehend what's going on right now until we're looking at it in hindsight. And that's the kind of thing, I think it's kind of funny. There's so many people who just live to hate me, but when I'm gone, they're going to miss me. They really are."

LINK: Ronda Rousey: So many people live to hate me, ‘but when I'm gone, they're going to miss me' - MMA Fighting

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
If John Jones pulls his head out of his ass he will go down as one of the best ever
He will go down as one of the best ever regardless, at least in my book. It is just that it seems like some people can't step back from disliking the guy to just admire what he has accomplished. He is a once in a generation athlete, fighter and competitor. When the day comes that his time in the sport has passed it will be a sad day for fight fans.

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He will go down as one of the best ever regardless, at least in my book. It is just that it seems like some people can't step back from disliking the guy to just admire what he has accomplished. He is a once in a generation athlete, fighter and competitor, when the day comes that his time in the sport passes it will be a sad day for fight fans.
He is a phenomenal athlete! A gifted fighter! But I think he's ruining what he could be because he could be fighting right now. What if he doesn't come back the same fighter?

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
I hated Lesnar with a passion I never could capture again for a fighter, but I sure miss him now.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
Ronda has a really high opinion of herself. I think soon she will start the crazy third person thing. An album will likely be coming soon. I can't wait.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm not going to say "Man, I miss the days where I knew what was behind the magician's curtain already in terms of MMA and have one person expose everyone before I even open that fight's beer."

She's great, her fans love her, that is great. It's just not a side of MMA I find interesting. Jones needs to shift and adapt to beat people in the same fight.

Ronda is the equivalent of the Contra 30 live code, after a while the game is not compelling when you don't fear losing.

And It's not a chick or "can beat me up" thing

Joanna, Page, Rose, Jojo ect all can too. Their division is compelling.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Ronda has a really high opinion of herself. I think soon she will start the crazy third person thing. An album will likely be coming soon. I can't wait.
This. I don't get it why would we miss a girl who has beat other girls lol. He has fought girls who are not on her level why would we miss that? I for one would like to see her go so we can see a division that is relatively competitive. The WW division was no fun with gsp but when he left boom! Shit is great.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
In her defense you have to think highly of yourself..its just most who are elite usually don't voice their self reflection...

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Ronda has changed my armbar set-ups. That's for sure. Anyone not appreciating her technical skills in getting the clinch and finishing is missing out. Like anyone, I wish she had a singular challenge in her career, but I'm fine with her dominance.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I might not make it through the day.
Sure it'll be diffi...

OMG

Look at this

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Lets see, I haven't missed, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Rich Franklin, Chael Sonnen, Jon Jones nor have I missed any of the fighters who have retired or left the sport. Why dwell on the past move and and keep going...and nope wouldn't miss rousey one bit.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I wonder if this will change after Cyborg beats her?
Nah..shes been beat before in Judo..then again getting your jaw broke is a whole different animal...Idk if Cyborg would..if so It would have to be by KO..

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Also, assuming that people will miss a fighter when they are gone is a scathing indictment of the company/sport you compete in.
Same as what is happening to HW boxing. People miss ANY of the HW booms, because it is void of excitment and a chasm right now.

If they miss you that bad, the sport hasn't made new waves.