Rousey the "Jobber" gets shamed on Facebook by WWE hall of famer; posts Nunes KO gif

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
She did go by Rowdy Ronda Rousey in the UFC. As far back as Strikeforce if I recall.

Jericho, HHH, and countless other stars took the 3 count for Chyna in the attitude era, while in their prime. Why it's baffling that a way past his experation date HHH would tap to the armbar to protect his investment is beyond me.
LoL @ myself when I read what I wrote. I mean she wasn't wearing any leather jacket, or kilt, or HotRod shirt, she didn't walk out with Roddy or any WWE personalities...she just stepped in to WWE Universe and was named HotRod's protege'. If you ask any casual MMA or WWE fan what Ronda's nickname was in UFC, you'll get a lot of blank stares.

Imagine if they had brought in Chyna, and her first match she had submitted Mick Foley.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Imagine if they had brought in Chyna, and her first match she had submitted Mick Foley.
This is the same world where this happened-

And this man has supernatural powers

And that's all fine, but an Olympian in judo, a trained mixed martial artist who trained with men catching someone who never trained for submissions in a submission is too much...?

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
LoL @ myself when I read what I wrote. I mean she wasn't wearing any leather jacket, or kilt, or HotRod shirt, she didn't walk out with Roddy or any WWE personalities...she just stepped in to WWE Universe and was named HotRod's protege'. If you ask any casual MMA or WWE fan what Ronda's nickname was in UFC, you'll get a lot of blank stares.

They have not once said she was Roddy’s protege’.

It was Wrestlemania, where people do homages. Mysterio once came out in Captain America garb, and Marvel didn’t give out about it how Rey could never beat Galactus

So one of his main gripes is that choreographing her to win isn't as believable as the other ridiculous shit they have gone with?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
They have not once said she was Roddy’s protege’.

It was Wrestlemania, where people do homages. Mysterio once came out in Captain America garb, and Marvel didn’t give out about it how Rey could never beat Galactus
They're making her out as part of Roddy's lineage, maybe she is...but more part of Gene's lineage.

Look, if they were doing a one-off WM match - sure, armbar HHH. Whatever.

But everything looks like they're trying to build her as part of the Talent. If that's the case, even talking about having her armbar guy like HHH is stupid. Armbar VinnyMac or Pat Paterson, if that's what you're going for.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
They're making her out as part of Roddy's lineage, maybe she is...but more part of Gene's lineage.

Look, if they were doing a one-off WM match - sure, armbar HHH. Whatever.

But everything looks like they're trying to build her as part of the Talent. If that's the case, even talking about having her armbar guy like HHH is stupid. Armbar VinnyMac or Pat Paterson, if that's what you're going for.
She has a full time contract, of course they are going to make her part of the talent. And all they have said is Piper was her hero/favorite wrestler.

I can understand the frustration, because once HHH put on a Kane mask and put his good name through the muck by pretending to have intercourse with a mannequin.

Kane’s mask did not need that. As well as all the dirty heels that put on Sting’s facepaint and attack him. Fake Sting, Mr Anderson, think Jarret did it once. Hell Sting did it once!!

Can you see how this is ridiculous now? To complain about Ronda wearing Piper homages when all this other madness is happening?

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
This is the same world where this happened-

And this man has supernatural powers

And that's all fine, but an Olympian in judo, a trained mixed martial artist who trained with men catching someone who never trained for submissions in a submission is too much...?
I thought it was well established on the UG that it's impossible for any woman to beat any man in a fight. Like if Serena Williams had trained for fighting as much as she had for tennis starting at age 3, she would still be overwhelmed by the "man strength" of a semi-paralyzed 80 year old guy who weighs 96 lbs.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
She has a full time contract, of course they are going to make her part of the talent. And all they have said is Piper was her hero/favorite wrestler.

I can understand the frustration, because once HHH put on a Kane mask and put his good name through the muck by pretending to have intercourse with a mannequin.

Kane’s mask did not need that. As well as all the dirty heels that put on Sting’s facepaint and attack him. Fake Sting, Mr Anderson, think Jarret did it once. Hell Sting did it once!!

Can you see how this is ridiculous now? To complain about Ronda wearing Piper homages when all this other madness is happening?
I'm not complaining about her wearing Roddy's ring gear, I just don't think it's going to go very far. It's a very confused gimmick - she's assuming Roddy's mantle, but she's the World's Most Dangerous Woman like Ken Shamrock, but she's going to do a one-off freakshow match like PBF...

I hope her wrestling career takes off, I don't have a malicious wish in my body for Ronda. I just think that considering having her armbar HHH is a sign of how poorly WWE is going to execute with Ronda's character.

Nov 21, 2015
The fact that grown ass men are arguing over what is believable and what is not believable
in something as ridiculously fucking stupid and unbelievable as WWE has me both baffled and
yet also 100% certain reading these comments has made me dumber

Its fuckin WWE for Christs sake... NONE of it is believable

I don't wanna let the cat outta the bag but sshhh... Its all fake guys.

The entire god damn thing lacks believability.

Except for Whoooing.... Whooing is definitely real

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The fact that grown ass men are arguing over what is believable and what is not believable
in something as ridiculously fucking stupid and unbelievable as WWE has me both baffled and
yet also 100% certain reading these comments has made me dumber

Its fuckin WWE for Chrits sake... NONE of it is believable

I don't wanna let the cat outta the bag but sshhh... Its all fake guys.

The entire god damn thing lacks believability.

Except for Whoooing.... Whooing is definitely real
anything is believable if you're willing to suspend disbelief. What's being discussed is the business of decisions that are being made with her character and how that reflects on/impacts the rest of WWE

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This chick is wearing Roddy Piper's ring gear?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF??????!!!!!

Jesus Christ I did not think it was possible to hate her anymore.....but it is possible. Roddy Piper was one of the greatest entertainers of all time and what exactly is Ronda Rousey? At least when Chael was stealing Graham's promos he called the man up and asked him if he could do it.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Billy Graham is a legend for sure but he is a known grumpy old cunt..he should have been hulk hogan( a better hogan actually) but he was 10 years too early.

Haters gonna hate.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
The comment was made about Rousey being a jobber in the UFC to "real fighters" like Amanda Nunes & Holly Holm.
The photo was from Nunes vs Rousey.
On-topic for MMA.
And a shitty fucking opinion. MMA has the worst fucking fans of any sport. (edit) I'll add that the MMA "media" are right there with the shitty fans. Shitty rejects from real journalists(in most cases).

Last edited:

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015

WTF??????!!!!!

Jesus Christ I did not think it was possible to hate her anymore.....but it is possible. Roddy Piper was one of the greatest entertainers of all time and what exactly is Ronda Rousey? At least when Chael was stealing Graham's promos he called the man up and asked him if he could do it.
Roddy gave his blessing, Colt gave her the jacket to wear.. But I'm sure that we here on the forum know better than Roddy and his family, right? You're better than this.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
And a shitty fucking opinion. MMA has the worst fucking fans of any sport. (edit) I'll add that the MMA "media" are right there with the shitty fans. Shitty rejects from real journalists(in most cases).
It is largely due to the timing of MMA becoming mainstream in the internet era.
The fanbase is part of an era where entitlement & bitching on social media is prevalent.

MMA media are mostly fans that were smart enough to blog or post about MMA on social media & then latch on to a site.
other sports hire journalist.
MMA sites hire fans that are willing to hustle for hits.

When I received offer from outlets, 9/10 began with "how many hits do you think you can get?". I understand that from a business perspective, but that leads to more sensationalized "news" than having any journalist integrity.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Roddy gave his blessing, Colt gave her the jacket to wear.. But I'm sure that we here on the forum know better than Roddy and his family, right? You're better than this.
Colt flew in to give RR his Dad's jacket & support her WWE debut.
Her connection to the family (through Gene) is not up for debate.
Piper & his family gave her their support & blessing.
I am no RR fan, but this is not something to shit on her about.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Roddy Piper is fucking dead for 2.5 years. He may have said she could do whatever in the the UFC but clearly he doesn't know about her new career.....

And even if they allowed her she shouldn't do it. She is a blip in a minor sport and now a neewbie at wrasslin'

She hasn't earned jack shit.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

WTF??????!!!!!

The fake MMA gloves was the worst part of her outfit imo-

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I'm torn.

Who is this half-correct, half-bitter guy?

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Roddy Piper is fucking dead for 2.5 years. He may have said she could do whatever in the the UFC but clearly he doesn't know about her new career.....

And even if they allowed her she shouldn't do it. She is a blip in a minor sport and now a neewbie at wrasslin'

She hasn't earned jack shit.
He knew she was going to transition to Prowrestling. He gave her his blessings to use the nickname, was around her and the rest of the horsewomen often, he is smiling about what she's doing.

A blip in a minor sport and a newbie at "wrasslin"? Bro. Your bitterness about Ronda is clouding your judgement here. Take a step back, take a breathe and relax. She's clearly enjoying herself, doing well at it and will be for as long as she wants. Get used to it.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He knew she was going to transition to Prowrestling. He gave her his blessings to use the nickname, was around her and the rest of the horsewomen often, he is smiling about what she's doing.

A blip in a minor sport and a newbie at "wrasslin"? Bro. Your bitterness about Ronda is clouding your judgement here. Take a step back, take a breathe and relax. She's clearly enjoying herself, doing well at it and will be for as long as she wants. Get used to it.
It is undeniably lame.

Turn a blind eye to it as much as u like, but it is what it is. She is and has always been nothing more than a UFC con job/PR stunt to sell their company and that bubble popped in one of the most spectacular ways in the history of combat sports or even team sports. I cannot remember another athlete who was discussed as being as great and historic as she was being hyped, who so quickly fell to pieces and was exposed as being nowhere in the neighborhood of what the hype was.

She is an unprecedented PR car wreck, an enormously unpleasant character and, as mentioned, a quintessentially forgettable blip in the history of MMA...

It is largely due to the timing of MMA becoming mainstream in the internet era.
The fanbase is part of an era where entitlement & bitching on social media is prevalent.

MMA media are mostly fans that were smart enough to blog or post about MMA on social media & then latch on to a site.
other sports hire journalist.
MMA sites hire fans that are willing to hustle for hits.

When I received offer from outlets, 9/10 began with "how many hits do you think you can get?". I understand that from a business perspective, but that leads to more sensationalized "news" than having any journalist integrity.
I wouldn't have expected to come across such a perceptive comment on society in this thread on this site but here it is.
One thing this may reveal is how utterly lacking in imagination many of us are.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I wouldn't have expected to come across such perceptive comment on society in this thread on this site but here it is.
One thing this may reveal is how utterly lacking in imagination many of us are.
WoW
Thank you my man

Nov 21, 2015
It is undeniably lame.

Turn a blind eye to it as much as u like, but it is what it is. She is and has always been nothing more than a UFC con job/PR stunt to sell their company and that bubble popped in one of the most spectacular ways in the history of combat sports or even team sports. I cannot remember another athlete who was discussed as being as great and historic as she was being hyped, who so quickly fell to pieces and was exposed as being nowhere in the neighborhood of what the hype was.

She is an unprecedented PR car wreck, an enormously unpleasant character and, as mentioned, a quintessentially forgettable blip in the history of MMA...
Geez man. What Honda do to you kick your puppy?

If you aren't just trolling and having a laugh then bro please take in some sunshine.
Go to a beautiful park or something. Take up Astronomy. Get a cute kitten you
can love. Start saying gratitude affirmations. Close your eyes and think of 3
things you are greatful for. Practice holding a smile for 2 minutes straight.

There are some fighters I really dislike but you on a whole notha level man.

Try to find some peace and happiness bro. Its not that serious

Last edited: