Security Certificate Error

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Some users have recently received a site error stating "there is a problem with this site's security certificate". It makes the HTTPS setup error out.

This is temporary error due to some IP address changes that we had to make at the host level. It is resolved for most of the world right now but is still trickling out for some.

If you continue to get this error, restart your phone or router. Clear your browser cache. (nerds: You basically need to grab the sites new IP address from DNS)

PM me if you have problems with this and it persists. :)

M

member 603

Site tells me that it's a fake, that someone may be trying to hack and jack.... and Splinty @Splinty comes on to tell us that "everything is ok, there's nothing to worry about", and I'm to believe it?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm actually reviewing All saint's college history test for a friend. I'm a complete luddite.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The shithawks are up to something
While indeed, the shithawks are up to something, its not only that:

https://dnschecker.org/#A/themmacommunity.com

Our host has fat fingers and while consolidating some IP addresses from an old architecture, we got moved to a new one. That is normally okay. All of them point to our server. However, this has shit up the SSL system (that says, you dawg, the site is secure!). Never have I seen an IP redirect do this. However, by the time I noticed, it had propagated the consolidated IP architecture to half the world. So its dark side of the moon time. Change it back or let it ride takes same time....so let it ride and it consolidates some architecture that is spread all over right now.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

https://dnschecker.org/#A/themmacommunity.com

Our host has fat fingers and while consolidating some IP addresses from an old architecture, we got moved to a new one. That is normally okay. All of them point to our server. However, this has shit up the SSL system (that says, you dawg, the site is secure!). Never have I seen an IP redirect do this. However, by the time I noticed, it had propagated the consolidated IP architecture to half the world. So its dark side of the moon time. Change it back or let it ride takes same time....so let it ride and it consolidates some architecture that is spread all over right now.
Sounds like you need more RAM

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
iPad

Ain't nobody got time for that. I just wait to see if you fix it first.

While I continue to bitch. :tearsofjoy:'

Its fixed. If you are on with one device and not another, its because that device is holding the old info. Restart it will probably fix.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Fine!

I can restart it. But what do you mean clear cache? :oops:

Do you mean clear history? I can do that with a quickness :D

Status
Not open for further replies.