General Senate Judiciary Committee Report on Jan 6th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Trump gave order to 'make sure' Jan. 6 rally was 'safe event,' Pentagon memo shows

A Capitol Police timeline obtained by Just the News shows the Trump Pentagon first offered National Guard troops to the Capitol Police on Jan. 2, 2021, four full days before the event. The police turned down the offer but then began to have second thoughts. The Capitol Police then asked their political minders — the House sergeant at arms chief among them — for permission to accept the troops on Jan. 4 but were turned down on the ground that such a show of force would create bad "optics," the records show.

But the most compelling piece of evidence that Trump wanted to thwart — rather than incite —violence is contained in a lengthy memo written by the Pentagon inspector general that chronicled the assistance the Defense Department offered Congress both ahead of and during the riot.

In it, the IG recounts a fateful meeting on Jan. 3, 2021 in the White House when then-acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with Trump on national security matters.

The complete passage — hardly mentioned by Democrats at the hearings or the news media covering them — is worth absorbing in its entirety.

"Mr. Miller and GEN Milley met with the President at the White House at 5:30 p.m.," the IG reported. "The primary topic they discussed was unrelated to the scheduled rally. GEN Milley told us that at the end of the meeting, the President told Mr. Miller that there would be a large number of protestors on January 6, 2021, and Mr. Miller should ensure sufficient National Guard or Soldiers would be there to make sure it was a safe event. Gen Milley told us that Mr. Miller responded, 'We've got a plan and we've got it covered.'"

File here: USCPJan.6Timeline.pdf

Trump gave order to 'make sure' Jan. 6 rally was 'safe event,' Pentagon memo shows | Just The News

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Trump gave order to 'make sure' Jan. 6 rally was 'safe event,' Pentagon memo shows

A Capitol Police timeline obtained by Just the News shows the Trump Pentagon first offered National Guard troops to the Capitol Police on Jan. 2, 2021, four full days before the event. The police turned down the offer but then began to have second thoughts. The Capitol Police then asked their political minders — the House sergeant at arms chief among them — for permission to accept the troops on Jan. 4 but were turned down on the ground that such a show of force would create bad "optics," the records show.

But the most compelling piece of evidence that Trump wanted to thwart — rather than incite —violence is contained in a lengthy memo written by the Pentagon inspector general that chronicled the assistance the Defense Department offered Congress both ahead of and during the riot.

In it, the IG recounts a fateful meeting on Jan. 3, 2021 in the White House when then-acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with Trump on national security matters.

"Mr. Miller and GEN Milley met with the President at the White House at 5:30 p.m.," the IG reported. "The primary topic they discussed was unrelated to the scheduled rally. GEN Milley told us that at the end of the meeting, the President told Mr. Miller that there would be a large number of protestors on January 6, 2021, and Mr. Miller should ensure sufficient National Guard or Soldiers would be there to make sure it was a safe event. Gen Milley told us that Mr. Miller responded, 'We've got a plan and we've got it covered.'"

File here: USCPJan.6Timeline.pdf

Trump gave order to 'make sure' Jan. 6 rally was 'safe event,' Pentagon memo shows | Just The News

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
To be fair, offered and authorized are different than a direct order. Sounds like he offered and authorized NG troops to Pelosi & the Capitol Police, and they declined. Any direct order would have had to come from them.
Wouldn't that be a bit against this comment or no?

Mr. Miller should ensure sufficient National Guard or Soldiers would be there to make sure it was a safe event. Gen Milley told us that Mr. Miller responded, 'We've got a plan and we've got it covered.'"

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wouldn't that be a bit against this comment or no?
I dont know. What I've read is only Pelosi, Capitol Police and Sergeant At Arms (maybe? dont quote me on that) could direct the NG. Trump could offer and authorize their assistance, but didnt have the authority to direct them to be there 1/6. Who knows. I'd rip my own nuts off before I believe anything Pelosi said...and yes, I know many here feel the same about Trump. Not worth the energy to argue over.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I dont know. What I've read is only Pelosi, Capitol Police and Sergeant At Arms (maybe? dont quote me on that) could direct the NG. Trump could offer and authorize their assistance, but didnt have the authority to direct them to be there 1/6. Who knows. I'd rip my own nuts off before I believe anything Pelosi said...and yes, I know many here feel the same about Trump. Not worth the energy to argue over.
I don't believe either of them. ?

But back to what I posted...

I sure as shit don't trust Miller when it comes to this topic.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't believe either of them. ?

But back to what I posted...

I sure as shit don't trust Miller when it comes to this topic.
Fair enough. We'll not believe who we dont believe together, and hope the real truth comes out one day.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
As an aside... Offering and authorizing something that you can't direct is pretty much useless, right?

I mean.. I can offer K @kaladin stormblessed to blow you but I can't direct him to.

Only kneeblock @kneeblock has that power.
Seven hells. I support 5h3 marginalized LGBTQ+ community, but please don't include me in your totally manly homoerotic discussions lol

Unlike all you closet fruits, I loveeeee women

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Screenshot_20220726-195300_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20220726-195220_Drive.jpg

I don't know who this COP Sund is but based on what's in this part in your document, Wild @Wild ... It sounds like a clusterfuck.

At first he seems to have suggested to Gallagher that a request wasn't necessary but then he is requesting the guard after all?