General Share your weather here.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Fall is definitely my favorite season here, then Spring and Summer.

Winter here suuuuucks. You remember. Where about?
St. Johns/Dewitt area.
When I moved and drove out to Colorado I went north and went through the U.P. and Lake Superior was still froze over on Memorial Day. It was the same year the Polar Vortex kicked our ass all winter. Thanks Canada.

M

member 3289

I just read some articles. That's fucken awful. I couldn't imagine sitting here now thinking, well I should probably go get some supplies as the town and everything has a good chance of being destroyed.
I've experienced a direct hit from a category 3 hurricane. It was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

Power goes out for weeks, not days. Even if you have gas in your car, it's not like you can drive away because the streets are littered with debris, none of the stoplights are working, and there's so much clean-up you have to do at your own property (fallen trees, structural damage, etc.) that you have to stay to fix everything anyway. I remember being shocked the first time I saw a car smashed by a tree. After the fifth or sixth time, it stopped shocking me.

No way in fuck would I stay in the area for a category 4 storm or higher.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've experienced a direct hit from a category 3 hurricane. It was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

Power goes out for weeks, not days. Even if you have gas in your car, it's not like you can drive away because the streets are littered with debris, none of the stoplights are working, and there's so much clean-up you have to do at your own property (fallen trees, structural damage, etc.) that you have to stay to fix everything anyway. I remember being shocked the first time I saw a car smashed by a tree. After the fifth or sixth time, it stopped shocking me.

No way in fuck would I stay in the area for a category 4 storm or higher.
I remember in Yuma the first year I moved there, they got a monsoon. First time it rained in ages and came with a wind that was taking down power poles etc. I was relieved as the place was so fucken hot and went out driving in it. And stood in a field.

The fucken storms and devastation you guys get around that area are insane. I can't imagine the infinite times more extreme a hurricane would be like.

I wonder if the local airports are trying stuff down? Bet all them little planes will start flipping all over the place.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Judobill @Judobill will a local airport, or private airport full of little cessenas and shit like that even have tie down points out on the pan? Or is it a case of whatever isn't in the hangar is fucked? If the hangar itself doesn't come down.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Judobill @Judobill will a local airport, or private airport full of little cessenas and shit like that even have tie down points out on the pan? Or is it a case of whatever isn't in the hangar is fucked? If the hangar itself doesn't come down.
I’m not sure. The best thing to do, obviously, is to get it out early. When I was a flight instructor in Florida, we would move all of our planes inland and party for a few days.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
jason73 @jason73 you ever use purple air?

I use it during smoke season

Click map and check out your area...uses local air quality meters input, can be faster and in real time...better than most forecasts

I like to zoom out and see who has the real shitty smoke to make myself feel better.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Yesterday was probably the final day of warm weather here Mid eighties but didn't feel like it, and the day starts cooling off around seven pm. Open windows from here until weather stripping time.

Screenshot_20210920-140618_Chrome.jpg